I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Tipsy Tuesday

Tuesday morning was horrible for me.
Two things had happened.
One, at 2 am my toilet exploded.
Two, last night I almost had no Matt.

At 8am, I walked towards my bathroom and when my feet hit the wet carpeting I stopped short.
"Fuck!" I thought to myself. I had only vaguely remembered RHM waking me up, telling me what happened, and asking if she could use some of my towels.
Looking about my bathroom I realized I could not use the restroom here, and I could not shower here because of the massive amounts of towels draining in the bathtub. In fact, come to think of it, I had no towels, they were all currently being used.

"This, might be the end of us." I thought, because I realized my only option was to take a shower at Matt's place, or drive all the way out to where ID works, grab a key, drive all the way back, shower, then drive back out there to return the key.
Grumbling to myself, I packed up and drove over there.
When he opened the door I shoved coffee into his hand and said, "Toilet is exploded, please let me shower here, I'll drive you to work and get you coffee."
"How many coffees are you going to get me?" he said smiling.
I told him what had happened and he told me I knew where everything was and that I should hop in because he had already heated it for me.
I said a silent prayer to myself that he was so understanding after the horrible night before.

I went to class, and then went to the office. When I started working I started getting really depressed. At 3pm Matt and I had originally planned to go to see Mark Zupan speak. We had seen the movie Murderball together and had been excited about seeing Mark live.
Now, I wasn't sure.
Nonetheless, I sent him an e-mail at 2:15 telling him that it was at 3 if he was still interested.
On top of that I had talked to FN who watched me cry when I told him what was going on. RHM and ID had heard the stories tearless from me, but for some reason telling it to FN made the tears follow again.
I was feeling really down.
At 2:45 I hadn't heard back from Matt, and I went to the speech without him, in one final attempt I called him, but I got no answer.
Oh well I thought.
I watched the speech and the man had an amazing tale.
Afterwards I was feeling really down until I stood up, turned around, and saw Matt at the back of the audience waving at me.
My spirits lifted.
I walked with him talking about the speech.
I felt a lot better.
When we got to the door, I had to go one way, and he the other.
I said, "Thanks for coming," and smiled.
He asked me what I was doing later.
I told him I had a meeting until 8.
He asked if I wanted to come over at that point and watch the episode of 24 that we had missed together.
I agreed.
I walked downstairs found FN, and kissed him as hard as I could.
He smiled and said, "Things looking up?"
I was so happy I thought I was going to cry, of happiness, and not sadness.

I came over and we watched 24.
During it he stroked my hair.

Afterwards I knew he had to go back to work.
I got up and started putting my shoes on when he got a call.
I knew that RHM wanted to meet me for a drink so I called her while he was talking.
She agreed to meet me at Harry's in 20min.
He got off the phone and I said, "Just so we don't make the same mistake, I thought I should warn you I'm going to Harry's."
I didn't want to end up at the same bar... again.
"I think I'm joining you then." he said.
"Oh NO!" I said
"You don't want me to come?" he said.

It was then that I realized that he meant, "I'll be joining you at your table" and not "I'm going to be joining you at the same bar."

"No no no," I explained my mistake "I want you to come out with us."
"Ok good, I'll join you at 11ish." he said smiling.
Tuesday evening was NOT bad at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.