I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Thursday, March 1, 2007

The fight heard round the world.

Firstly, I should state that Matt does not consider this a fight.

To which I replied: "If we ever non-fight more than that, I'm dumping you."

To which he laughed heartedly and grabbed me pulled me to his shoulder and kissed my forehead.
I've already dumped him once, I'm not quite sure why he finds that funny.


Anyway, I've decided that men are retarded.
I'm sorry.
I've decided that the men I date are retarded.

When they come around, I drop my knickers faster than you can say Beavis and Butthead.

I bet you're curious on why....
I could say my gene pool is shallow, or that my childhood environment was poor
But those aren't true.
Apparently, I LOVE drama.
RHM and ID have confirmed that I'm a magnet for it. I turn the corner, and the drama races towards me.
I digress.

On Monday evening, I was invited... wait, ON Sunday evening I was invited over to Matt's apartment for MONDAY evening.

...On Monday evening, I asked him if it was ok if I studied in his apartment on Tuesday (he was gone at a Pacers game) because my apartment had a roommate.
There was a BRIEF hesitant look, before he said, "Sure that's fine."
I immediately added, "No, maybe studying in the coffee shop is better for me."
He said, "No, it's really busy down there, it's better if you study here."

Tuesday evening, he arrives home.
I got a vibe that wasn't quite right. He told me about his dad, I thought that might be it.
I asked, "Are you irritated that I'm over here a lot? Because you are starting to get on my nerves. "
He laughed, and said it was SLIGHTLY bothering him, but not enough that I should worry.
I told him that Wednesday night I would do my thing and he should do his thing.
He agreed.

Wednesday night came around.

I got done with a test, and felt like a drink, ID and RHM agreed to meet me at the bar.
Matt got off work around the same time, called his friend, and told him to meet him at the bar.
It was ironically the same bar.
There were a lot of jokes and whatnot.

He told me he was going to Chicago for the weekend, something that was announced to me at the bar. I asked if it was ok for me to spend time with him tonight because tomorrow(thursday) he was working all evening and then he was leaving for Chicago after that. It would have been Monday before I would see him again. I told him if it wasn't a good night for him, no big deal. He said, "Sure, and bring Taco Bell when you come."

His friend and I walked to the restaurant and then to his apartment.

We chatted and I found that even though I started out disliking this particular friend of his, I had grown a healthy respect for him.

We got into the apartment.
Matt ripped into me.
In front of his friend... he made it sound like I was moving in unannounced, and how I was sufficating him, and how I was generally making his life hell.

His friend got really uncomfortable and started taking my side, which I found ironic.

I turned to Matt and told him that I had a nervous breakdown about leaving a toothbrush at his apartment, and how HE was the one who told me to bring over clothes.
Matt decided that he needed cigarettes at that point and left for 15 minutes.

I'm not one to fight in front of people, and I was feeling shaky, so I put on my shoes and grabbed my coat. His friend asked where I was going and acted genuinely concerned if I was ok or not.

I said I was fine, called Matt an asshole and told his friend that it was obvious that Matt did not want me in his presence.

The next day, I walked back to his apartment, stopping to grab coffee, and knocked on his door.
He opened it and I handed him a cup of coffee and said, "We should talk, gotta minute?"
He said he had seven.
We sat down and it was my turn to tell him exactly how I felt about him.
After I was done I explained that he made me feel so shitty about myself that I went home and sat in my room for 15 minutes crying.

Since I have cried once in his presence, this had some effect on him.
He was wasted when this happened, and he apparently did not know how far he had gone with the "teasing." He profusely apologized. I apologized for unknowingly sufficating him. I didn't pull the girl apology, in case you are wondering, I just apologized for being over at his apartment all the time. I did NOT add the "unknowingly" part.
This ended that between us, and he cleared some of his schedule for me to come over and watch a movie with him before he left for Chicago for the weekend.
But still..... How retarded was that?

2 Comments:

Blogger Wanderlusting said...

Very retarded.

I don't know Matt but he strikes me as not really knowing what he wants sometimes...or at least not knowing how to act.

This is the second time he has made some kind of comment that you are suffocating him and yet HE is the one who is doing all the moving towards commitment.

I think he is just constantly scaring himself and is finding you as the scapegoat.

Sometimes I think Ross and I spend too much time together and I think he does too. But when that happens we politely let each other know that we will busy for the next few days or need time apart or whichever. Last month we were together about 6 days a week. Now we are together 3. It comes in cycles.

But I must say this whole fight surprised me, cuz in general, guys don't fight like that in front of their friends. It is usually the girl. So that was kind of odd and rude.

And yes I do consider that a fight. If he doesn't, I would hate to see what a fight would be to him. Monkey knife fight is right.

PS Do you live in a small village? Or on the set of Cheers? Everthing seems so close and everyone seems to go to the same places.

March 2, 2007 at 12:11 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Wanderer: I think you are right when you say he's using me as a scapegoat. Matt has this Man's Man image amongst his friends and with me there sometimes it looks as if he's a Woman's Man. I think that was a big part of that night. We have both backed off of each other and I think we just need some time apart.

I live on a campus of 30,000 people, but most of those 30,000 people are between the ages of 18 to 20... meaning no bars. So in all, there are only 5 bars to go too and only 2 are worth going too. I feel my life is more like Days of our Lives then Cheers.
Everybody knows your name at Cheers but they don't necessary create drama for you.

March 2, 2007 at 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.