I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Weirdos come out on Sunday.


Or Blog title # 2, The Holy Day is also known as the Horny Day.
Or Blog title # 3, Look asshole, if you stare at me another second I'm getting out the Everclear, spraying it on you, lighting a match, setting you on fire, and hiding the fire extinguisher.

For some reason, whenever I work bar on a Sunday, I have weirdos that come out to say "HI" in a big way. The first time, I had some homeless guy bring in his methed-out girlfriend and was acting odd around everyone. Second time, I had some weird guy hitting on me telling me I should model and then kept asking for "chocolate malt" and when I said we didn't have it, he got upset. The third time, was today when I was bartending.

He started out by sitting down and closing his eyes.
When I asked him what he wanted to drink he told me "beer."
When I asked if he wanted a menu, he said no.

In a even weirder scenario, before he could order a "beer" the girl sitting next to him at the bar gave him her beer. She didn't like it and told him that he could have it.
He accepted and she and her friends left.
More cleared out of the bar.
I found him staring at LeggyBlonde and myself more than I liked.
It was to the point of being uncomfortable.
Not glances.
Not long paused looks.
STARING.
I thought he might be using telekinesis to take off all my clothes he was starting so hard.

Then LB was finishing up her shift when B-rad, his girlfriend, and Magic came in.
They sat at a table next to the bar and LB joined them.
The bar was slow and I was feeling uncomfortable being alone with the staring master so I sat down next to LB for a bit.
The guy turned around in his seat, faced our table and continued to stare.

How comfortable.
LB, Magic, and I on one side being stared at,
B-rad and his girlfriend on the other side, backs to him, oblivious to what is going on.
LB turns to me, "QSW, this guy is really creepy."
I turn to LB, "I really think we should say something."
Magic, not hearing our conversation, "Dude, do you have a problem or something? You are making these girls really uncomfortable."
Me to LB in a hushed tone, "Your boyfriend kicks ass."
Guy who was staring, yelling, "What is your problem!? I wasn't staring! I WAS JUST LOOKING AROUND."
Magic: "Ok, dude, whatever, just stop looking in this direction and everything is cool."
Guy: "I am a deeply religious man and I would never make anyone feel uncomfortable on purpose."
(I bet he's had this same problem before because he had a speech ready when someone finally said something to him.)
Guy: "These ladies don't seem to be uncomfortable."
LB & I: "Yes we are."

That seemed to agitate him even more. He started to get up and realized he still had a beer, so he turned back still muttering something about religion and finished off most of his beer.

Guy: (turning back to us) "I wasn't staring at all, it seems you are the one who has an insecurity issue! I didn't say anything, you are the one that has to point it out."
Magic: "Ok..."
Guy: (getting up) "I'm never coming back in here, you guys don't deserve my business. (more muttering, as he walks out)

Wow.
Such a horrible guy.
Why do they always appear on Sunday?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.