I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Today, Mr. Lust and I woke up at 6:30am by ourselves.
We laid next to each other and talked for a few minutes and then I asked him if he wanted me to make coffee.
He suddenly tensed all over.
I looked over at him to see what the matter was and he was intently staring at the door.
"Someone is in the house," he said.
Before I could say anything, I heard a creak in the stairway outside our bedroom.
"Oh my God," was all I could say, suddenly panicky and very aware that he and I were naked.
There was nothing for a full minute, because Mr. Lust had time to put on his shorts, before his little brother said, "Are you awake?"
Even though the idea of some stranger seeing me naked while trying to rob me was bad, Mr. Lust's little brother seeing me naked was worse.
Mr. Lust looked as if he was going to pound his little brother's face in.
"DEVIN?!?" was what he screamed when he took off for the stairs.
There was some yelling downstairs, and then Mr. Lust stormed back upstairs.
He flung himself down on our bed.
I was completely dressed in jeans and everything, but I laid down next to him.
"I hate my family."
"No you don't."
"Yes, I do. I must have been temporarily insane to give my little brother a key."
"He's 15, I don't think he 'understands' the way relationships work and what you do and don't do when your older brother is in a relationship."
"He could have walked in on us naked."
"I know, trust me, I know."
"You should be madder than what you are."
"No harm no foul?"
Mr. Lust just gave me a look.
"What did he want anyway?"
"He wanted me to go running with him and our dad."
"You didn't want too?"
"Not after that little shit gave me a panic attack, I've got my heart rate up enough now."
"Fair enough."

This marks the first occasion where I was semi-supportive of Mr. Lust's family and not telling him that his little brother is a spoiled brat.

I think I'm growing.

********************
Well I think I hate you...
Isn't this fun...
You're gonna shoot...
And I darling loaded the gun.
I think I'm done...
What train did you step off of anyway?
I really don't care...
I'm the luckiest girl...
Gonna lie with you baby...
'Cause there's nowhere else...
...I can lay

I'm never talking to you again.
I'll go join the marines.
And then I will peacefully sail away with some safe magazines.
Did you hear what I say?
You can't fall down the stairs two times the same way...
And I really don't care...
I'm the luckiest girl...
Gonna tell you I love you...
More than anything else...
...I can see


I love this song.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

I'm with you on this one.

June 17, 2008 at 8:25 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

That I'm growing? Or that the song is awesome?

June 18, 2008 at 11:40 AM  
Blogger Scotty said...

Both

June 18, 2008 at 1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.