I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Sunday, June 8, 2008

In the garden of eden or In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, based on your intoxication level.

Mr. Lust asked me to move in with him, and here is our garden(s).

Mr. Lust doesn't know how awesome black raspberries are, but thankfully he let me keep the patch that the previous owners started.

Veggie garden!

6 different kinds of peppers, then a basil plant, then cucumber plants.

One end of the rope (you can barely see it in this picture) has Kentucky peas, and the other end has Sugar Peas... Kentucky Sugar peas when they finally grow together.

You know... that line "you say tomato and I say tomato"... doesn't work written.

Butterfly Garden... if you want to know a plant, you'll have to ask, I have a book started so I remember all the names.



Those little things near the base of the pole are Cypress Vines that I started from seed. Surrounded by Cypress Mulch... which I didn't realized until typing this. Cypress is the new Oak.



Pretty roses in the back, butterfly bush in the front, red flower thingys in the middle.

4 Comments:

Blogger Wanderlusting said...

Moving in, seriously? Well, congrats then! You're so lucky to have space and a garden! The best we'll be able to do is a one-bedroom and den downtown, with hopefully a balcony with enough room to grow some herbs...

Ironically, our wee apartment is going to cost us the same to buy as what it probably cost Mr. Lust to buy his house.

Damn Vancouver's expensive housing market!

June 8, 2008 at 11:47 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Nicely done! The yard/gardens look seriously amazing!
I am glad that you're happy:)

June 9, 2008 at 12:25 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hahaha wow way to skate right over the announcment that Mr. Lust wants you to move in. Congrats...that is if you said you would love to move in with him. Since you were clearly more excited about the green plants in the yard and not the huge new step in your relationship lol.

June 9, 2008 at 10:39 AM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Wanderer: I won't be moving in until August, but yea, its in the works! :)

That is a very expensive apartment! I feel bad you don't have more room for a garden but I do know that tomatos grow really well in a pot!

Laura: You should come over and see them sometime! I would like to give you some of the veggies when they become ripe as well.

Rachel: I did say I would move in. I'm basically living with him now, he just wants to make it official.
I'm more excited about the plants because this is my first garden in 7 years!! I'm proud of it! I am very proud of my relationship as well, don't worry! :)

June 10, 2008 at 11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.