I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Thursday, May 15, 2008

Wow, aren't you the spoiled rotten brat...

So Mr. Lust's parents went on vacation. A ten day cruise.
That means Mr. Lust's little brother and little sister came to stay with him in his house, with me.
When I say "little" I mean a 20 year old girl and a 15 year old boy.
Both of them are spoiled rotten.
Mr. Lust apparently didn't get the "spoiled rotten brat" part because when he was little his parents were complete workaholics and barely had any time for him. Because of this Mr. Lust had some behavioral problems like throwing assholes through windows and spray painting cars to get attention.
He's past those days and hasn't had a problem since he was 22. At 22 he started working for his mother and father and was suddenly given a lot of respect, so he calmed down.

Its amazing how kids behave when you just listen to them.

In his parent's head, I'm somehow responsible for Mr. Lust calming down. Even though I didn't start dating him until he was 25.
Whatever.

When Lil' Sis and Lil' Bro came along the parents saw the error in their ways with Mr. Lust and created two monsters who got whatever they wanted.

Examples:

Lil' Bro was thirsty and we were in the car. I came back from inside the gas station with two Vitamin waters, one for now and one for when I was at work. He assumed I got one for him, even though I set them both at my feet. Mr. Lust called me over to the gas pump to ask me something and while I was there, Lil' Bro picked up one and started drinking it. Didn't ask. Didn't say thank you. Didn't acknowledge me.

Lil' Sis was still at the house when I was getting ready for work this morning. I came down to collect some things and when I got back upstairs I realized that she was in my and Mr. Lust's room. I was shocked for a second, thinking I wouldn't want to go into my brothers/girlfriend's room. Not only did she want to go into the room, she was getting read to take a shower in our master bath. Apparently she didn't like the bathroom downstairs, next to her room, and decided the shampoo/conditioner/soap/bathroom was much better upstairs. In other words, she liked my shampoo/conditioner/soap and the upstairs bathroom was bigger.
Didn't ask. Didn't say thanks. Didn't really acknowledge me.

I told Mr. Lust that I'd like to make the four of us dinner. Breakfast for dinner. Pancakes, Bacon/Sausage, and eggs. Lil' Bro heard that and said "That's gay, breakfast for dinner." Lil' Sis heard that and said, "Oh, I don't want pancakes I'm watching my figure." Later she didn't hesitate to polish off all the Häagen-Dazs ice cream in the freezer and after she was done with it, complained that she really didn't like it after all.


I look at Mr. Lust and his older sister. I like them so much. Neither one of them is disrespectful. Neither one has issues sharing. They both ask for things. They both have manners. They are such opposites of these little piss ants.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I like the new header! I have a little brother that is kind of like that, his behavior is more the product of being the only child of my mom and stepdad...where as my twin and I were always just step kids...lots of fun aren't they...

May 15, 2008 at 11:40 AM  
Blogger Scotty said...

Just goes to show how ridiculously different siblings can be.

May 15, 2008 at 12:01 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Rachel: Single children are especially scary. I feel your pain looking at Mr. Lust and his siblings.

Thank you for the compliment!

Scotty: Very ridiculous.

May 15, 2008 at 12:31 PM  
Blogger Bittersweet Confusion said...

Oooh I would have slapped her... Really, they are his family and all but there would be some words to both of them. If they are spoiled that's alright but that doesn't mean they don't have to respect other people's belongings... They are not 5 year olds they are almost friggin adults (at least his sister is)! UGH! You have alot more patience than I. I would have not prevented her from taking a shower but would have gathered my shampoo and stuff like I do that all the time... That stuff's expensive!

May 16, 2008 at 1:15 PM  
Blogger Wanderlusting said...

I lucked out in my boyfriend's family, they couldn't be greater. But it's always funny to find that you aren't just dating/marrying the one you're with - you're dating/marrying their whole family too!

I just feel sorry for my bf, cuz my disfunctional family is a doozey.

May 16, 2008 at 10:01 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

BC: Its one of those things that even though he agrees with me, he'd never admit it to them. So if I said, "You are being a brat" he'd probably defend them even though he deep down he agreed with me. It's frustrating.

Wanderer: You did luck out then. It seems I have hit the jack-pot with my boyfriend but found the reason why past girlfriends left him.

May 22, 2008 at 1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.