I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Poor baby alligator, died from water toxins.

So let me first say:
If you don't smoke you are highly intelligent.
If you did, and you don't now, you are awesome and are now intelligent.
If you do, you are retarded and should become intelligent by quitting.

That being said, I hate people who are so against smoking that they are blind by anything else. Too much of a bad or good thing is always bad.
EXTREME measures are wrong.

Look how many people have died for religion? Isn't religion suppose to be a good idea? Make you do right instead of wrong?

I was told recently that there was gun powder in cigarette paper. I thought it was an urban myth, so I looked it up. Sure enough, there are rings around the cigarette paper that are actually watermarks to keep the cigarette burning evenly.
Below that answer to my question was a comment from a nasty person who basically had a breakdown because someone said a dirty word, "cigarette" and decided to open up her bible on all cigarette "facts" and write them in the comment section for anyone to read.
I had to laugh when I read to what was toxic in cigarettes. While I agree that cigarettes are bad and they are toxic, there was no need to go this far:

ARSENIC: used in rat poison
ACEIIC ACID: hair dye and developer
ACETONE: main ingredient in paint fingernail polish remover
AMMONIA: a typical household cleaner
BENZENE: rubber cement
CADMIUM: found in batteries and artists' oil paint
CARBON MONOXIDE: poison
FORMALDEHYDE: used to embalm dead bodies
HYDRAZINE: used in jet and rocket fuels
HYDROGEN CYANIDE: poison in gas chambers
NAPHALENES: Used in explosives, mothballs, and paint pigments
NICKEL: used in the process of electroplating
PHENOL: used in disinfectants and plastics
STYRENE: found in insulation material
TULUENE: embalmers glue
VINYL CHLORIDE: ingredient found in garbage bags

Ok, so she lists the toxins and where they are found in our lives. Fine. Probably all trace amounts but that fact was left out because it doesn't lend itself to good story telling. This person reminds me of news anchors when they say, "Three dangerous, Latino thugs robbed a story on Wednesday night..." meanwhile old ladies at home are pulling out their Glocks at any sign of anything Latino.
Its all a matter of how you put the spin on it.
Here is another list:

Anti-hypertensives - drugs to treat high blood pressure
antibiotics - drugs to treat infection
caffeine - Found in coffee, soda, etc.
nicotine - Found in cigarettes
Chlorine - chemical
PVC (polyvinyl chloride)- plastic softener
arsenic - poison
Tri-halomethanes - refrigerants

Guess where these are found?
WATER!!!!
Most of them are found in bottled water... betcha didn't know that! Yet you still sit there and drink arsenic every day.
Shame on you!

And here is a quote I found about Phoenix's drinking water:
"The most consistent finding has been an increase in bladder cancer, Sharp said, "and increased incidence of miscarriage after the women were exposed for one trimester of pregnancy."

After drinking the tap water.... (does this remind you of Erin Brockivich?)

Where is the support group on water? I know where the one is if I want to quit smoking, what happens if I want to quit water?

I guess the point of this post is, sometimes... just chill out, most people who smoke know its bad for them, most don't care. Some day, they'll wake up and realize it, or someday they'll die of cancer. Why not instead worry about something else ... like... what you are drinking?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.