I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Oh... she'll be coming around the mountain when she comes...

Today Hilary Clinton is going to speak to the citizens of Lafayette.
She has a platform being built for her as I write this.
Its not even a half a block away from where I'm currently working.
She's going to speak on how Indiana needs jobs.
Because she's speaking today and the street is blocked off.
Therefore no one is coming into the Black Sparrow for lunch because they assume we are closed.
And I don't get money when there is no one here so I'm out of a job for the day.

What's the definition of irony?

4 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

Maybe when she leaves the jobs will come?

April 30, 2008 at 4:00 PM  
Blogger Quarterlifegirl said...

Hahaha, that is too funny, maybe if she comes in to get drunk you can slip her a roofie, JK.

May 1, 2008 at 8:10 AM  
Blogger WiscoBlonde said...

"An intentional contradiction between what something appears to mean and what it really means. Irony is normally conveyed through contradictions between either what is said and what is meant or appearance and reality. ..."

Oh wait, were you just being ironic?

May 1, 2008 at 11:36 AM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Scotty: I hope so. ;)

QLG: I wish, all of her supporters came into the pub afterwards but not her.

WB: Haha, I was trying to be!

May 2, 2008 at 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.