I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Maybe its time for a career change...

I'm considering getting a new job.
Maybe move to Chumley's pub because that is where all the bad servers are, and I am obviously a bad server.
I applied to Starbucks this morning, since they were hiring.
I'm just so miserable right now, it was pointed out to me how badly I was doing my job last night.
I don't think I'm cut out to be a server. I have no idea what I'm going to do on Saturday since I'm bartending. If I can't serve properly, I definitely won't be able to bartend.
One person has made me feel a little better and that's Amanda, who is a server.
She sent me an e-mail that said:
If he apologized, he probably feels bad about snapping and won't be mean about you. I totally understand how you feel, its the way things work at bars. Guys get away with being wasted or assholes and everyone thinks its funny, but if you're ever shitty to someone everyone dislikes for a good reason, or lag a little then you're the bitch who won't/can't do her job. I would bet you still have a job, he doesn't seem like he's a huge prick.
I hope she is right. Up until last night I was really happy with serving/bartending.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bittersweet Confusion said...

I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time... Sending good vibes your way... HEADS UP!!!

April 30, 2008 at 8:47 AM  
Blogger Quarterlifegirl said...

QSW BARTENDING IS SOOO MUCH EASIER that waitressing and more money. Believe me I went from server to bartender...all it is are drinks and no interaction with the kitchen.

May 1, 2008 at 8:12 AM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

BC: thanks I appreciate it!

QLG: I'm hoping tomorrow will be smooth sailing. I'll keep you posted. :)

May 2, 2008 at 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.