I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Life would be easier if you could just pee on it.

funny dog pictures
So I wrote a post about how I was pregnant.
Ruby commented for the first time here and then I decided not to post it after all.
One: It was just an April Fool's joke.
Two: In case someone from my work place came here and took it seriously, I'd be in trouble because of,
Three: I work in a bar and I want to drink there tonight, and if they don't serve me because I'm pregnant (or worse a reverse April Fool's joke) then I'll be very upset.

So I decided it wasn't that funny, in fact, its going to be saved for a Halloween joke instead.

Last night I went to Insomnia cookies and bought a dozen.
They were so good that I'm fighting all urges to go back today and buy another dozen.
Magic and I ate probably 10 of them just between the two of us and we had a little help from the bar customers and bar regulars.*

I was cut (or asked to be cut) at 9:30 because the bar was so dead. I left at 10:30 and it had picked up 2 customers. Tips equaled: 15 dollars.

One of the bright moments was Amanda coming in to talk to me. She first apologized for ditching me Saturday night.
"QSW, I'm so sorry for leaving you alone on Saturday!"
"What?"
"When I left you and didn't tell you I was leaving."
"I left first."
"You did?"
(Magic laughed)
"Yes, we hugged each other goodbye, you made me pinky swear that I'd move to Chicago with you and then you told me you love me."
"Oh shit, I do love you though."
(I laugh) "I love you too, and I'm not mad at you since you didn't ditch me!"
"I almost went home with Eric."
"What? (this is guy #2 who she liked but I didn't talk about)"
"We made out."
"Oh my, what happened?"
"I said lets do it and he said no."
"Really?"
"Yea, he's friends with Aaron."
"Oh."

Aaron is the boy that Amanda lives with and most people assume that she'll end up with him one day, even though while she was dating him she caught him with another woman in their apartment.

We chatted a bit longer before we had to go. We promised to meet up tonight and have a few drinks. I cannot wait. :)


*bar customers are people who come in once in a while. bar regulars are people we (as in the whole bar) know the names of and what they do, where they live, how they interact, etc. They usually come in AT LEAST once a week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Quarterlifegirl said...

Sounds like she is a blast, but still living with the creep, WOW! That is the one reason I never moved in with a man till we were getting married, to much crazy shit to deal with if it doens't work out. Sorry I haven't been around but it was great since I had lots of posts to read instead of being a blogger stalker for your new posts, hehe. JK.

April 1, 2008 at 1:25 PM  
Blogger ruby said...

sorry i ruined your joke!!! i'm a LONG time lurker, just decided to make myself known. um. HI!

April 1, 2008 at 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.