I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Ignorance is bliss.

I know people talk about me.
It's not because someone told me that.... it's because of intuition.
I know how my friends talk about other people, and I can only imagine how they talk about me.
In turn, I talk about them, and so on and so forth.
It doesn't make me mad or unhappy, it's just a fact of life. If you do something worth talking about... then people will talk about it.
Good or bad.
Bad or good.
And always, especially after drinking alcohol.

One of the people I work with whom I believe to talk about me a lot (and not in a good way) is the owner of the pub (we will call him "TO" for now or "The Owner"). Part of me thinks that he purposely hired on NI (as door man, did I make a post about this?) just for entertainment purposes so that he could hear the stories later about how I was upset that NI was behind the server station, and how NI did this... etc. Respect remains for TO on how he can run a business and pick out art, but it lacks in the humanity category.

Last night I was in a lot of pain.
My foot swelled up and had a huge bruise on the bottom of it. Monday's are usually slow, so it wasn't bad waitressing, but by hour 4, I was starting to ache again (meds wearing off I suppose). Mr. Lust offered to come in and show emotional support, and I agreed. He came in at 10:30pm and I talked to him in between the times I was walking to tables. At 10:45pm TO walked in and after a few minutes, decided to introduce himself to Mr. Lust. I didn't say anything when TO said, "Wow, your girlfriend is bad at introducing you to people."
I didn't introduce the two of them because TO would only use it as an opportunity for new material to make fun of. Since when I first met Mr. Lust I HATED him, I can't even imagine what TO would find to make fun of.
Because of my hatred turning into like and then later love, I feel incredibly protective towards Mr. Lust, I knew TO wouldn't take the time to get to know him, and that would leave Mr Lust open to ridicule (I'm pretty sure he's already ridiculed him but he had no material to work from, just what people say about Mr. Lust).
There was nothing I could do though.
I had tables to wait on, and I had to leave the two of them alone together.
I have no idea what was said, I have to just wait for someone to slip up (when they're drunk) and clue me in on what the joke of the week is.
And someone ALWAYS slips up.

3 Comments:

Blogger Len said...

What is it that makes people hate Mr. Lust immediately?!?

April 15, 2008 at 1:26 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

He really hired NI to be the doorman...is there really that much of a shortage of quality human beings in your area that he had to resort to that? Kinda of makes you feel bad for TO, that he really knows so few good people. Sad really.

April 15, 2008 at 3:35 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Len: I don't know, but people do. he thinks before he speaks, and sometime people think he's being condensing instead of thoughtful.

Rachel: TO also owns a strip club. I guess he just goes with the territory. :(

April 17, 2008 at 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.