I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Thursday, April 17, 2008

I wouldn't even fuck you for practice.

For some reason, "myspace.com" has become the "high school reunion for QSW."
I added one friend who I
actually was friends with in high school and suddenly everyone from my graduating class is adding me left and right.

Let me just say, I had 3 friends in high school. 2 of those "friends" weren't more than people I ate lunch with, 1 of those friends was the only person I confided in and talked to outside of school. I hated most of the people I went to high school with. I was always the person saying "I want to get the fuck out of this town" while the rest of them were saying "I can't wait to get married and have babies."

It fucked with my head after awhile.

Especially since my very first boyfriend( at 16), actually was married
(I had no idea) with a kid (I did know that). He was 19. He brutally raped me in the back seat of my own car (sorry to be frank, it happened almost a decade ago). Later he brutally raped another girl (and tried to kill her) who was smart enough to get away and drive herself to the hospital for a rape test, then called the police who took pictures of the bruises all over her body, and then she prosecuted him.

Meanwhile my second boyfriend (at 18) I found cheating on me. I broke up with him and a week later he got high/drunk and drove himself and his new girlfriend off of a small cliff. She died, he lived. He got charged with manslaughter.
So while most of my high school were getting married and starting families, my only two ex-boyfriends were being put into jail.
If that doesn't fuck with your head, I don't know what will.

This is turning into some kind of a pity post, and I'm sorry, I'm only trying to make a point. What is the point? Good point.

So back to the original subject matter of this post. I spent today looking at 10 - 12 myspace.com profiles. All of them were the "popular" girls and boys of my high school graduating class. All of them were either married or divorced. All but one had kids. 6 of the profiles I looked at were pregnant women.
ALL OF THEM WERE FAT.
Seriously, I'm in a size two and I eat sugar as part of my every day diet.
How do these people get so fat?
Also, I work in a bar and I drink beer almost every shift I work.
How in the world did these people get fat?
These people were the slim, perfect-looking cheerleaders and basketball starters of my high school. They put me down when they found out about my ex-boyfriends. They made fun of me when I had a zit. They thought I was so odd when I said I didn't want to get married. They did mean things to me, they said mean things, they wanted to hurt me.
Now, I realize why.
I don't want to sound like I have a big ego, but what the heck, they were jealous of me.
I'm free in ways that they never could be.

I remember when I got my acceptance letter to Purdue and I ran to tell Cyra
(my only true friend) who was with some other girls. A popular girl Jennifer, scoffed at me. "You? You got into Purdue? What are you a lesbian?"
I'm not quite sure how homosexuality and getting a degree have to do with each other, but I'm pretty sure now it was jealously that prompted that statement. Jennifer is now 50 pounds overweight and has two little boys from two different daddies. (pictured off to the left, she use to be the same size as me)

I remember when I had been dating my second boyfriend for a year
(before I found out about the cheating) and a popular girl Carmen asked if I was going to get married to him. I answered no, because I didn't want to get married before the age of 25 (which is scary now being 25) and she looked at me as if I suddenly broke out with a weird fungus all over my face. "You don't want to get married?" she asked. "No, I don't, I'm going to college in the fall and I don't want to be with a husband during that time." She replied, "Oh my god, you won't even make it a year at Purdue before you quit, you might as well marry him so you don't lose him."
I guess smart girls are scary to men, and she was worried that I'd be alone the rest of my life after I got that year of extra schooling. She gained only a little weight but is divorced from her second husband. (pictured to the left, she use to not have the weird side-face thingy)

These are only two examples of some of the people from then until now. I think I might go to my 10 year high school reunion just to spit in their faces.

Actually, come to think of it, I doubt I'll even get an invitation.

8 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Oh, QSW, I do love you.

Sigh, I never saw myself with a "small" life either. It was bizarre when I went to my ten year reunion--there were lots of kids as well as DIVORCES already--and all I could think was "there is plenty of time for that," and "thank freakin' God that's not me." There was so much more I wanted for myself, and SO MUCH more I was determined to make time for.

As far as I see it, you're doing everything right.

April 17, 2008 at 10:42 AM  
Blogger Len said...

I'm free in ways that they never could be.

That what makes me smile every day of my life. Also... it makes you freaking attractive once you're out of high school.

April 17, 2008 at 11:33 AM  
Blogger WiscoBlonde said...

Reading this, it's possible we went to the same high school.

Seeing them fat and ugly is the best reward.

April 17, 2008 at 12:54 PM  
Blogger Wanderlusting said...

Some people get fat because we aren't as lucky as you to have such good genetics.

You eat sugar everyday?

Good for you. I wish I wasn't starving everyday to keep my size 4/6 body. In high school I could eat whatever I wanted and sadly as you get older, for us not so fortunate types anyway, your metabolism slows down. It's sad fact of life.

I'm glad that the bitches in high school that were mean to you are all fat now (that's karma) - but just letting you know that bitchy or not, some of us girls just aren't lucky enough to keep as slim as you as we get older.

April 17, 2008 at 6:24 PM  
Blogger Bittersweet Confusion said...

You see that is from getting off the coke they were on in high school. jk

I agree with Wanderlust... Some people aren't as lucky to keep a trim figure but I never had one so I am used to having a bit more junk in da trunk... LOL!

Growing up in the city, I never got that small town feel but like you I can count on one hand the amount of people I called friends in HS.

April 18, 2008 at 11:15 AM  
Blogger Scotty said...

I like Stoli and soda too.

April 18, 2008 at 6:07 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Laura: I love you too! I am getting off track here because:
a.) I'm drunk
b.) I'm incredibly excited that you and I both got off work next saturday together!

Len: apparently "free" means "high metabolism" as well. ;)

WB: I agree.

Wanderer: I understand. And I shouldn't say what I did. I had a moment where it was like "Yea, take that! All the horror and embarrasment you put me through! No longer! I win!" but that doesn't mean I'm not grateful for what I have, or realize that it could leave me any day.

BC: I bet growing up in a city is much different than what I went through. Its different when there is no "clicks" just in or out.

Scotty: Caught that did you?

April 18, 2008 at 10:24 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Laura: Amendment: Thank you, and it's next Friday.

April 18, 2008 at 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.