I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Thursday, April 10, 2008

I realized I was old when I was thinking of telling some youngsters "Get up! Put on some bigger pants, get a job, join the army!"

A regular at the Black Sparrow said that to me when I was bartender the other day.
He's only 30, and far from old. He doesn't even have kids or a wife yet.
But today, I understood what he meant.

Mr. Lust and I took the day off together. I called into my job and he called into his job on Wednesday and the plan was to do yard work all day on Thursday.
Typical to Murphy's Law, it rained all day.
We got up at 10, went downstairs made some coffee, walked out to his sunroom and admired... the wetness. There had to be a change of plans. We briefly talked about going into work for half days since our yardwork wouldn't be happening, then we decided to buy things instead.
We spend 409.00 dollars at Menards.
We got the following:
1 lawn mower
2 rose plants
1 shovel
2 pairs of gloves
1 bag of soil
1 bag of fertilizer
1 hedge trimmer
1 extension cord
and
2 pots

Then we came back, and decided that a home cooked dinner would be good. Away we went to the store again.
We bought:
1 whole chicken
1 bag of salad
1 tub of cottage cheese
1 bag of brown sugar
1 bag of flour
1 bottle of wine
6 pack of beer
1 bag of chocolate chips
1 dozen eggs

3 hours later Mr. Lust and I were sitting in front of a home cooked chicken dinner with salad and cottage cheese and home made brownies for dessert.
We had rented the 5th Harry Potter movie and shared beer/wine over it and then called it an early night.

We ignored the calls to go to the "Neon Cactus" campus' premier dance club where people dance like they are having sex on the dance floor and bartenders give you 32 oz of the worst alcohol you will ever drink.

Here is a present for the females on this blog:

This is what I looked up after watching the Harry Potter movie.

5 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

How about your male readers, huh?

April 10, 2008 at 9:28 PM  
Blogger Len said...

Grrr!!! It's 11 AM here and I'm supposed to start my WORK DAY!! How DARE you put up pictures of naked men???? ;)

April 11, 2008 at 1:58 AM  
Blogger ruby said...

there really should have been a WARNING before showing the penii so early in the morning.


*shakes fist*

April 11, 2008 at 9:32 AM  
Blogger Len said...

I'd like to let you know that I'm still thinking about sex.

And to make matters worse, the guy looks waaay too much like my current love/hate affair.

*shakes fist*

;-)

April 11, 2008 at 10:30 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Ahhh naked men and horses, not a bad way to end a Friday at work really. Thanks!!!

April 11, 2008 at 3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.