I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Monday, April 28, 2008

You are what you eat.*


Last night there was a discussion about how we all have a little Obsessive Compulsive Disorder in us.
LeggyBlonde said that sometimes she counts her steps without even realizing it.
A bar regular said that he refuses to step on cracks in side walks.
A local lawyer said that she counted her M&Ms and ate them in a particular fashion.
Everyone agreed that they did the same with their M&Ms.

Is there anyone who just grabs a handful of M&Ms and eats them or do we all refuse to eat them as a singular candy?

I think sometimes that our actions translate into who we are in the dating world. My friend Cyra in the 11th grade would only date men who were taller than her and had dark hair. How can you exclude all short red and blonde men without even knowing them? She, after seeing the movie Wedding Planner, would only eat the dark M&Ms out of the package.
I like to eat M&Ms by twos and in color order from my least favorite color to the best. There are exceptions to those rules, like say I had three red M&Ms, I would skip the "by two" rule and eat all three at once.
My dating life has been a regular Noah's ark. I have dated two Daniels, two Jasons, and three Matts. One of those Matts real name was Joe. So in reality, I've dated two Joes as well. I also dated a Jamison, but another one of the Matts I dated had a middle name of Jamison.
The only odd one, I've only dated one Nishant, but sometimes you only get one color M&M in a package. At least, I'm still saving the best for last?

Maybe I should stop eating them by twos and enjoy life (and the package of M&Ms) as a whole.

*would that make gay men "dicks" and straight men "pussies"?

3 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

Is there anyone who just grabs a handful of M&Ms and eats them
Me. I pour into my hand whatever it can hold, and without looking hold my hand up to my mouth and let a couple fall in. Do that until all are gone.

April 28, 2008 at 3:01 PM  
Blogger Len said...

Me too. I'm not sure what that says about my dating life and how flattering that is, though ;)

April 29, 2008 at 4:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ha ha Noah's Ark Dating.

You know "Noah's Ark" is cockney rhyming slang for "Shark", although you strike me as less of a shark in the dating world than a panther.

Sleek and beautiful.

April 29, 2008 at 7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.