I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Thursday, March 13, 2008

Your Mom.


Countless amount of people end a lot of jokes with either "That's what he/she said" or "Your mom."
Example:

Planned parenthood speaker: Who wants some condoms?
Class, in unison: Your mom.

Welcome to America's humor. (I did laugh at the above joke)

The only other time I've laughed at a "Your mom" joke is when my brother spouted off the infamous line... at me. I laughed with half of my fraternity and a month later we got t-shirts that said, "Your Mom Softball" and then wore them to all of the softball games we played in.

You know, I could go on with some psychobabble bullshit about how America humor sucks, and how witty other countries humor is and then I could tie that into how this weekend it's St. Patty's day and we should all be Irish...
... but I'm lazy.

********************************
The other day I had a man at the bar hitting on me.
I think it had to do with the fact that I have tits and I was the only one at the bar/tables/restaurant that had them. Therefore I was the lucky target. He really didn't take no for an answer. I tried to avoid him at all costs, but still, when I came to the bar to get a drink, he'd relentlessly try to get me in conversation.
List of his lines:
"Hey mama."
"Hey baby."
"Hey doll."
"Whatcha doing?"
"Why don't you just stop and talk to me?"
"Where you running off too?"
"Man, look at you coming over here shaking it."
"What are you doing later?"
"Where do you party at?"

The list can go on. Finally, he gets me into somewhat of a conversation.
"Hey do you have a boyfriend?"

I decided to answer (even if by lying) this in hopes that he'd really get the hint.
"Yes I do in fact."
"How long you been seeing him?" (yes, he said it this way)
"6 months"
"6 months? Aww. that's nothin' Man. Guys are like carrs, you havfta trade them in!" (it's hard to get the phonetic spelling the way he pronounced things.)

I backed away at this point realizing he wasn't going to get the hint.
"Where are you going? Why are you giving me that look?"
"I have to wait on people and I am giving you the look because I really don't want to trade in my car."
He left shortly after.
Men don't get the hint sometimes.

Man: Hey, what are you girls doing?
Woman #1, uninterested: Cigarette break.
Man: So, what are you girls up to?
Woman #2: Cigarette break.
Man: So, you girls interested in a threesome?

5 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

If I were like that, I would probably have more interesting stories to tell. And would have a few red marks across my face.

March 13, 2008 at 1:16 PM  
Blogger Quarterlifegirl said...

It's actually sad that men are so oblivious sometimes because I hate having to be so bllunt and mean to get them off my case. How is everything? I hope you are doing well and you remember that no man is ever worth so much pain.

March 14, 2008 at 6:00 AM  
Blogger Bittersweet Confusion said...

Oh my favorite exchange of all time...

Man: Hey Baby
Me: Hello
Man: Can I talk to you for a min.
Me: Sorry I'm in a hurry
Man: C'mon at least let me know if you have a BF
Me: Yes
Man: Are you faithful?

Yes he said that...

March 15, 2008 at 8:08 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Scotty: More red than stories. ;)

QLG: I am ok for now. I am on vacation from drama. Sort of. Actually I'm just creating new drama.

BC: Wow. Drunk or sober?

March 17, 2008 at 11:27 AM  
Blogger Bittersweet Confusion said...

I wish I could say he was drunk but no ... stone cold sober... I weep for the future...

March 19, 2008 at 7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.