I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008

WTF Mate?

AHHHHH MOTHERLAND!

If you haven't seen that, it's priceless.




Anyway, some interesting things have been happening on my StatCounter.
One: A lot more people are searching for my blog.
Two: A lot more people are coming to my blog from West Lafayette or Lafayette IN.
Three: A lot more people are coming to my blog. Period.

One, makes me nervous just because when someone searches that means they don't have it bookmarked, when they don't have it bookmarked that means there is a reason. Maybe the reason is simple and honest, like," I have too many bookmarks already." I'm not concerned with those, its the sinister reason I'm concerned with, like, "hey, if I save this my new girlfriend will find out about my old girlfriend and I don't want that," or "I gotta find out of QSW is still talking about me or if she's gotten over the fact that I cheated on her with her brother's ex girlfriend."
That sounded Jerry Springer-ish.

Two, I was expecting to happen. In fact most of the hits from this region I can identify. For instance, I have a hit from Armory Apartments and
Wlaf Public Library and Purdue University That last one makes me a little nervous because it was a searcher as well (see One). So I'm not surprised when someone from my work comes in and says "Interesting post!" I can even tell them when they looked at that post.

Three, is frustrating. Part of me wants to shut down this blog because it's so compromised now and part of me likes the ego trip I get when I realized how many people diligently come to my blog every day to read my musings and daily life.
My life isn't that interesting. I don't know how you people get through it, you must drink a lot of coffee before you come here.

5 Comments:

Blogger jojo said...

Please don't stop your blog!! I've never commented before, but I love it. I don't even know how I found it but now I'm addicted. I rarely watch TV, but I religiously check your blog for my fix of drama, which satisfies some kind of voyeuristic urge, apparently. :)

March 18, 2008 at 1:57 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

I keep statcounter only to see if anyone from the area is reading. BUT, I decided a few months back to make mine not avail through Google searches.

Makes me feel more comfy.

March 18, 2008 at 2:52 PM  
Blogger Wanderlusting said...

Ha, it is a total ego-trip sometimes. When you find out that hundreds of people read you a day, you suddenly feel pressure though to keep writing and keep being...interesting?

Even weirder when people you know read your blog. Granted, a lot of people I have told so it's my fault but the searches thing can be weird.

Perhaps though, they are searching for things about Purdue and Indiana and such and thanks to your SEO, your blog comes up. Don't get too paranoid...unless you start seeing your name, lol.

March 18, 2008 at 5:12 PM  
Blogger James said...

Fuck EVERYONE! You are you. Case closed.

March 18, 2008 at 8:38 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

JoJo: If I change anything, I'll definitely let you know!!

Scotty: I need to e-mail you and figure out how you do that.

Wanderer: I feel guilty on the ego trip it gives me sometimes. ha. I haven't seen Purdue, Indiana, or my name in searches. That should make me feel better. :)

James: you know, usually thats my motto.

March 20, 2008 at 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.