I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Stupid Penis

A perfect night to me is having a plate of General Tso's Chicken, playing an Audrey Hepburn movie, and playing euchre when I'm done eating while sipping on a nice glass of red wine.

This seems to floor some people, mostly men (dumb men obviously, but we will get to that). I think for the most part it floors men because there is no mention of the penis I obviously want to have.
I like penis, don't get me wrong, but I don't need it, and I definitely don't need it to make the perfect night.

I think this is called "maturing."

FN and I always get mad at dumb men and some of their idiosyncrasies. He and I will tell each other a story of some "guy" and how horrible he was. At the end of those stories one of us will invariably say "Stupid Penis."
To throw all people into a category based on their genitalia seems a bit harsh and I often find myself wondering if I'm just one step away from buying a cat and living alone the rest of my life.
I even do things to myself that make my self-esteem disappear, bringing me closer to “cat woman.”
Side Note: If you have a crush on someone, and they become drunk and start hitting on you, this does not mean it's a good idea to make-out with them. Especially, if you are sober. Your ego will be bruised the next day and you’ll feel like shit. About the only way your ego is going to become "unbruised" in that situation is if you can duplicate the same scenario, and run like hell from the man in question. A crush is a crush, and should be left at that, especially if you know that they aren't crushing in return.

How did this tradition of “stupid penis” get started, QSW?
I'll tell you!
I don't know.
But it is tradition…
…and because of our traditions...
Every one of us knows who he is and what God expects him to do.
And God expects me to call dumb men, “Stupid Penis.”

Yes, I made a “men” conversation turn into Fiddler on the Roof.

I’ll leave you with a “Stupid Penis” example so that you may understand its meaning:
Mr. Lust and I are on the rocks. (That is, a strong pour over ice)
RHM loves to talk. (that is, gossip)
Because of these two factors I found myself answering a text message from the long-lost GH: “What do you mean ‘WHATS UP?’”
GH: I heard you and Mr. Lust were no longer.
Me: How on earth did you hear that? Where are you now? St. Louis?
GH: I still have friends there, even if I’m in St. Louis.
Me: So, Nothing is up, What is up with you?
GH: Nothing, I am coming through that area on Tuesday and I was wondering if we could hang out.
Me: No.
GH: I don’t want anything, I just want to talk.
Me: (Right, I’ve heard that one before) Talk about what?
GH: I want to apologize about Medusa and what happened in the past.
Me: (reading, but not responding)
GH: I also want to talk about James.
Me: (fuck, just pull out all stops)
GH: (after not hearing from me for 15 minutes) Well, plan B will be in action. I’m spending the night there, and I’ll just show up at the bar you work at until you are there.
Me: Stupid Penis.

8 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

Urgh. Stupid Penis name definitely deserved for that one.

March 4, 2008 at 10:30 PM  
Blogger Quarterlifegirl said...

Why is it men always show up when life is in the shitter! So how is everything going with Lust? Can't keep us in the dark :-)

March 5, 2008 at 6:41 AM  
Blogger H said...

I agree with quarterlife.

Also, you're NOT supposed to kiss guys you have a crush on? What if both parties are drunk? Sheesshhh, maybe that's my problem!

March 5, 2008 at 11:30 AM  
Blogger Bittersweet Confusion said...

I found that once a crush is tested in the midst of reality.... THEY ARE SO MUCH BETTER IN MY HEAD!!

I'm sorry to hear that you are Lust are still shaky... Just remember to put your happiness on top of all else and everything else will fall into place..

March 6, 2008 at 7:37 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Yea GH definitely qualifies for Stupid Penis! What a really low way to get what you want. "Lets show up at a place where she can't get away from me since I know she clearly doesn't want to have anything to do with me. Cause that will make me seem like less of an asshole." - Umm yea that's going to work out soo well for him. Good luck with that, he deserves unpleasent things

March 6, 2008 at 9:45 AM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Scotty: I'm glad you approve. I promise never to call you that in return. ;)

QLG: Um, I tried to break up with Mr. Lust and he said no. We are on break as a result. I think my co-workers might kill him before I have to worry about dealing with an actual breakup.

Heather: You can't kiss them if you know that they probably don't want anything to do with you afterwards. Thats just bad. I should have known better.

BC: This crush was actually better in the moment, it only sucked afterwards when the inevitable happened.

Rachel: HAHA. Ok, I cracked up because that is so true. Unpleasant things have happened to him if it makes you feel any better.

March 6, 2008 at 9:57 AM  
Blogger Len said...

Um, I tried to break up with Mr. Lust and he said no.

Um, how does that work? I'd like to break up with you, but only if you agree? ????!!!??

March 6, 2008 at 12:06 PM  
Blogger Ms. Easily Distracted said...

I think 99% of men deserve to be called stupid penis. Some just earn it more often then others!

March 7, 2008 at 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.