I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Monday, March 17, 2008

"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, God said, 'Let there be lips and there were and they were good!"

I am a child of the 90's. (Much to my mother's dismay, I spent a good deal of time screaming Alanis Morrisette lyrics in my room).
My music for a long time was very 90's based.
Yes, I liked Dave Matthews.
Yes, I liked Nirvana.
Yes, I liked mainstream alternative, which is what every black-t-shirt-open-plaid-shirt, stringy-long-hair individual would listen too.
I had a few exceptions, like in the late 90's, I got hooked on Shivaree after a trip to Italy where Italian MTV worshiped them.
They had such awesome lyrics as:
It's the same old rules
no eyes
no groin
I'm gonna spank you without pants
And fire aimlessly if you don't come out

You daring lousy guy


It wasn't a hard transition from Alanis.

What is my purpose of this post? Oh yea.

I am surrounded by talented musicians and singers at my new job. One of the women I work with we shall call her LeggyBlonde (even though she doesn't think she is) came into the pub and told me she had wrote a song.
Just like that.
Wrote a song.
To me, thats almost like someone having original thought.
When René Descartes sat down and came up with "I think, therefore, I am."
I digress.
We have two different bands that have members in our staff at the pub. All their music is fantastic. Granted, after reading the first half of this post you obviously feel that I cannot appreciate good music when I hear it. I understand, but I promise I've grown up since my teenage days.
Nowadays, I listen to a wide range of music, my play list consists of The Noisettes, Madeleine Peyroux, Hanne Hukkelberg, The Lilac Time, The Roots and Shivaree (old habits die hard and with a vengeance).
The newest addition to that list is Why I like robins. Two of the members work right along side me at the pub and are not only talented at making a gin and juice but also at composing and playing music. I am impressed with my co-workers to say the least.
Also,


HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY.

Eye candy. Yum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.