I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Thursday, March 6, 2008

In the wee hours of the morning...


I could feel my car give out and slow to a stop.
"Shit," I thought, "I'm in the middle of nowhere, I know no one nearby." I waited in the dark, playing with my cell phone, trying to figure out who to call. 5 or 10 minutes passed and I suddenly saw red and blue lights in my mirrors. I turned around, and sure enough, there was a cop car. I got out of my car about the same time he did and I faced one of the whitest men I've ever seen. My albino cop rescuer. The phrase "knight in shiny armor on his white horse" popped in my head and I laughed when I realized I had gotten a white man and his shiny badge.
He seemed to be a much nicer cop than what I had met in my lifetime, he even peered under the hood of my car to see if he could see the problem. When nothing was resolved he offered me a ride to where I needed to go and I gladly accepted it.
I hopped into the shotgun seat, which I didn't think was weird until we were already moving, and I admired all the equipment set up around me. His radio broke through and a lady asked him to respond to a nearby call. "This will only take a second," he said to me and moments later we were slowing down to a house that looked deserted. "Lots of homeless people break into this house and I think one of the neighbors called in another break-in," he explained while getting out of the car.
A few minutes later I was still alone.
I had been waiting almost 20 minutes before hearing something going on at the house.
I climbed out of the car.
As I stood there looking at the house trying to figure out if I should use the radio or not, I suddenly became aware that I was not alone. Before I could open the door and hop back inside the car, I figured out the source, a man who was standing about 15 feet away with his back to me, facing the house that I had just been looking at.
"Do you know what is going on?" I asked him.
He turned around and said "I think it might be a drug bust."
I shivered.
We stood there watching a few minutes more before we saw the albino cop dragging someone back with him.
The drug dealer was thrown onto the hood of the car and barked at to "stay put" before the albino cop walked back towards the house.
Then the man who had been standing with me did a peculiar thing, he pulled out a razor and started sawing at the man's handcuffs.
Needless to say, I was scared for my safety.
Before I could decided what to do the man in handcuffs said something to the razor man.
The man stopped sawing with his razor and became very still.
"You know too then," he said to the handcuffed man.
He tossed the razor aside and within moments had out a butterfly knife.
One, two, three, he started stabbing the cuffed man in the back.
Blood was everywhere.
The cuffed man was screaming at first but slowly he stopped, the man kept on stabbing.
Where was the cop? What would this guy do to me after he was done stabbing the guy?
I should run.
That's when I woke up at 3:30am in a cold sweat.
I sat there clutching my chest trying to figure out if I had just gotten done running.
The dream was vivid.
I laid back down and tried to go back to sleep.
At 4:30am I gave up.
I went into the living room and watched a movie.
At 6am when the sun came out I could finally sleep.

8 Comments:

Blogger Quarterlifegirl said...

Damn girl you had me going that that was really happening! I hate scary or vivid dreams. One time I almost hit my man because I thought somone was in our room. SCARY!

March 6, 2008 at 10:12 AM  
Blogger Scotty said...

Sweet jeebus. Glad it was just a dream.

March 6, 2008 at 12:49 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Wow. Ummm...wow. I think my heart would have exploded. You're good, I was completely worried about your safety! Glad it was just a dream, but those can be just as bad as real life experiences. Good to know you are okay :-)

March 6, 2008 at 2:02 PM  
Blogger Eileen Dover said...

Dude, that is FREAKY as hell!

March 6, 2008 at 2:57 PM  
Blogger Bittersweet Confusion said...

Hey I decided to procrastinate at work and looked up some of the key aspects of your dream and since I don't have your email...

To see a killer in your dream, suggests that an essential aspect of your emotions have been cut off. You feel that you are losing your identity and your individuality. Alternatively, this dream may represent purification and the healing process. You are standing up for yourself and putting a dramatic end to something.

To dream that you witness a murder, indicates deep-seated anger towards somebody. Consider how the victim represents aspects of yourself that you want to destroy or eliminate.

To see the police in your dream, indicates some failure to perform or to honor obligations and commitments. The police also symbolize structure, rules, and control. A more direct interpretation of seeing the police in your dream forewarns that you should avoid reckless behavior.

To see a police officer chasing a felon, indicates that your naughty and more devious side is in conflict with your moral standards.

To see an albino in your dream, represents purity or eternal life. You need to be more accepting and tolerant.

To see an old, run-down house in your dream, represents your old beliefs, attitudes and how you used to think or feel. A situation in your current life may be bringing about those same old attitudes and feelings. Alternatively, the old house may symbolize your need to update you mode of thinking.

March 7, 2008 at 8:09 AM  
Blogger Bittersweet Confusion said...

Hope this helped understand a bit about what your subconscious is trying to tell you...

It was a freaky dream though...

March 7, 2008 at 8:11 AM  
Blogger Wanderlusting said...

Oh my goodness - you know I always hoped a cop would be nice enough to give me a ride home at some point, but even though it's just a dream, this is probably the reason why they dont...

March 7, 2008 at 12:53 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

QLG, Scotty, Rachel, & Eileen: I didn't mean for you to think it was real.. wait, yes i did.

GOTCHA! ;) It was freaky as hell though.

BC: Actually all those things make sense in my life right now. I can apply them to Mr. Lust, my job, my new friends, and my old friends.
That's kind of awesome.
Thank you!

Wanderer: haha. You know, even in my dream I was unsure about hoping into the cop car because I thought something might go wrong.

March 10, 2008 at 11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.