I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Monday, March 3, 2008

Hottie boys who know old movies...


So in case you are new to this blog, or don't know me in "real" life, I love older movies.
My favorites are Audrey Hepburn/Cary Grant/Robert Redford movies (although, I realize Robert Redford one's aren't really "old" movies).

Today I was in my office when a man with startling blue eyes walked into it.
"Is Kathy here?" he asked me.
"I believe so, I can call her office so you don't have to walk all the way down there to check," I told him.
"Wonderful, can you tell her Rhett is here to see her?"
"I'd be happy too, but my dear, frankly, she won't give a damn."
"Ah, well, that is Kathy for you," he says,
(after glancing at my name on my desk) "Well, I'm out of ideas. Shall we dance?"
"Let's dance after I call Kathy," I said, feeling flushed and liking the flirting way to much (calls Kathy) "She's in her office."
"Shall we say goodnight but really mean goodbye?"
"Rhett, don't. I shall faint."

Some of the most creative flirting I've ever seen. If he had been at my other work place I would have definitely tried to talk to him more. Its sad how brilliant moments could never be created again.

If you are up on your pop-culture, then you know my first name.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

Wow, tactfully done.

March 3, 2008 at 10:41 AM  
Blogger Quarterlifegirl said...

I love that movie so much! So your real name is Scarlett, hehe!

March 4, 2008 at 7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.