I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Monday, February 11, 2008

Random


I found out last night around 9ish that I work till close tonight.
Means I work from noon to 3:30am.
Excitement.
I slept in this morning.
When I finally dragged myself out of bed, it felt as if I had been drinking heavily the night before, when I hadn't touched booze.
Delirious and grumpy, I stood in the shower and looked down at the bottles of shampoo on the ground.
One for me, one for Mr. Lust. Two bottles of shampoo.

Then, all of a sudden, I noticed my belly button.
I wondered when the last time was that I cleaned it.
And as if washing my hair wasn't a good enough excuse to take a shower, cleaning my belly button was.
I wondered why I didn't take better care of the mark that use to connect me to another human being. That area use to feed me, protect me, allow me to grow... and here in my shower, I realized that I didn't even remember the last time I cleaned it.
I remember when MW was pregnant how she freaked out when her belly button popped out and she tried to tape it down with duck tape.
I didn't even give my own "inny" belly button a second thought after she told me she was taping her belly button down.

I wonder what other small things I take for granted on a daily basis.

And that's my random thought of the day.

6 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

I have an 'inny' also, and for the life of me can't remember the last time I cleaned it. Crap.

Random thought of the day - Sometimes knowing too much can hurt more than knowing nothing at all.

February 11, 2008 at 11:12 AM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Scotty: "Hurt" as in mentally painful? I always heard that words could hurt. Are you saying I give you too much information and you are now "hurting" because of it?

Or are you talking about... "I hurt now because I found out my significant other is screwing another, I wish I didn't know because it's less painful," sort of way?

I'm in an odd mood.

February 11, 2008 at 12:39 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

You're funny :)

More like the second, definitely not the first ;)

February 12, 2008 at 6:50 AM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

ah, then I agree. :)

February 12, 2008 at 11:12 AM  
Blogger Bittersweet Confusion said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

February 12, 2008 at 12:13 PM  
Blogger Bittersweet Confusion said...

Yeah my sis is having issues with my niece having an outy.. Although she denies it I see her pushing it in every chance she gets!

February 12, 2008 at 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.