I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Monday, February 4, 2008

Overheard in a bar: QSW addition

(Bartender tells joke)
Server: (laughs)
Customer #1: (laughs)
Customer #2: (gets a serious expression on her face and looks at Server) Your laugh is very experimental.

Door Man: Man, its slow for a Saturday night.
Bartender Man: Yea, I wish I hadn't forgotten my dildo.
Second Bartender Man: Yea, Me too.

Man: So, this kid is awesome, he has to go in for a major surgery twice a year to replace his feeding tube, yet he still smiles and runs around like there was nothing wrong with him.
Woman: That's sad and sweet at the same time.
Man: Yea, he probably won't live to see year 20.
Woman: You are going to make me cry.
Man: Just the fact that he's made it to age 6 means he beat the odds by 300%.
Woman: Oh god, I'm seriously depressed right now.
Man: Could you imagine life, knowing that you might not see the day that you could walk into a bar legally, or even go to college?
Woman: You are like the Hallmark channel that won't quit.

Lady: The chalkboard says, "Your just drunk." I hate it when people don't use "your" properly.
Friend: I hate that too. Seriously, its not a possessive on "just drunk."
Bartender (who was listening while cleaning): Oh. (goes and gets a ladder, climbs it, and changes it to "you're")
Lady: He must love me. He's correcting English for me.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

I like 'em.

I need to personally hear more 'overheards', would definitely make things more interesting.

February 4, 2008 at 12:49 PM  
Blogger Len said...

lol! I love the one about the dildos.

February 4, 2008 at 3:54 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Scotty: The only solution to that is to go out and drink a lot at bars, then you have the chance of overhearing things. ;)

Lenfer: Believe it or not, that conversation went on to include that he didn't' bring his dildo because it was dirty, and the other bartender telling him that the dishwasher could be used to clean it.

I decided the gist would be good enough. ;)

February 5, 2008 at 9:21 AM  
Blogger Bittersweet Confusion said...

I was going to comment on your post but I'm going to comment on your answer to a comment...

EWWW... I would never drink anything from a dishwasher again... UGH

I think with your new career this should be an great running post... They were hilarious...

February 7, 2008 at 8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.