I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Friday, February 29, 2008

Beakman Lives.....



Me: {Business} Can I help you?
Caller: Yes, I need Laura.
Me: She won't be in until Monday.
Caller: Well I need to talk to someone about the show on March 7th.
Me: (looks at calendar and realize he's talking about Beakman Live!) Ok, most of our staff is gone for the day, but if you tell me what you need, I can maybe direct you to the right voice mail box.
Caller: I need your Tech Director.
Me: Well, We don't have a Tech Director, but I think Kathy is the person you'll be wanting to speak to, she handles the production aspect of the shows that come here. I'll transfer you to her.
Caller: What is it that I'm performing in? Loeb? Is that a theatre?
Me: Yes, it holds about 2,000 seats.
Caller: Ok, who is this Kathy?
Me: She is our Production Assistant and I think you'll want to be speaking to her.
Caller: I need your Tech Director, do you have a Tech staff?
Me: Yes. At Loeb, but Kathy is the one who talks to them.. (interrupted)
Caller: Ok, Kathy, I'm going to call her your Tech Director because that is what she is.
Me: Ok. I'll transfer you to her.
Caller: Does she have a direct line? Can I call her directly?
Me: Yes of course, do you have paper handy, I'll give you the number.
Caller: (rustling) Yes, go.
Me: ###
Caller: (saying what he is writing) Kathy, Tech Director.
Me: (repeating) ###
Caller: Ok.
Me: ### - ####
Caller: Ok Transfer me.
(transfers him, and then hangs up the phone)
Lois: (overhearing the conversation, and walking to my desk) Kathy will set him straight and then she will send him over to Elliott where Tim is... who is the Tech Director for Loeb.
Me: Thank God that's not my problem. I tried to explain, but he didn't want to listen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

Poor Kathy.

March 3, 2008 at 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.