I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008

And thats the rest of the story...

I guess I should fill in everyone on what Mr. Lust did.
He and Tina have a "talking dirty" session once a week where they tell each other explicitly what they'd like to do to one another. He swears it's never entered into phone conversations and that they've never even met. She's the same age as me and she lives about 20 minutes away.
I was upset for an hour until I grew too tired to be upset.
I don't know what I'm going to do with him or the situation.
I'm just in limbo.

That night, I woke up to Mr. Lust saying, "Call your brother's phone, your phone is dead. It's an emergency."
I sprang up, called my brother and when the person picked up they said, "He's dead, he had an inoperable brain tumor. They couldn't do anything for him."
It took 15 minutes for me to realize that it was my brother talking, and not someone talking about my brother.
When I calmed down my brother told me that James had died, and I went hysterical all over again.

James was one of the funniest people I've ever met. When he came for Thanksgiving last year, James kept telling my mom how wonderful the food was. She finally said, "James! Stop brown-nosing me!" James, very seriously, looked at my mom and said, "Carol, you don't have to be racist."
Everyone started laughing.
That was James. Several times I got phone calls at 3 or 4 in the morning with James singing, "Fill me up buttercup baby just to let me down," he would usually make it through the whole song before someone would stop him.


I probably won't be around much before Friday. Wednesday we are planning the memorial service and Thursday we are having the service.

9 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

:( I hope his family and you all are doing ok..

February 19, 2008 at 12:44 PM  
Blogger Wanderlusting said...

I'm really sorry. About everything. My prayers are with you - sometimes life just doesn't seem fair.

As for Mr. Lust...I can see why you would be reluctant to do anything when you have something bigger on your mind. I could tell you what I would do...but tell me this, when is it ever ok to have computer sex with another? It doesn't matter if it wasn't in person, wasn't on the phone...WHY does he need to get his sexual hijinks from another woman and WHY does he think it's OK?

Actually...he doesn't think it's OK since he got all defensive about it. I'm sorry. You deserve better than this. He is dishonest and wrong. Would you ever do that to him? No...so why should he be allowed to do that to you.

I don't want to say dump his ass, though it's what I would do...but you must believe that there are men out there who would never dream of doing such a thing...and that's the kind of guy you deserve.

February 19, 2008 at 1:51 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I like the new header. I'm really sorry to hear about your friend. Its never easy losing someone you're that close to. Remember the good times, that is a great picture to look at and smile. My heart goes out to you hun, both for the Mr Lust drama and losing someone so special. Stay strong!!

February 19, 2008 at 3:13 PM  
Blogger WiscoBlonde said...

This whole Mr. Lust thing really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I can't believe he'd do something creepy like that. I agree with Lusty, this one might not be forgivable and it seems it may be a sign of bigger problems. What else don't you know about him?

February 19, 2008 at 7:08 PM  
Blogger DCchick said...

The guy thing is really creepy in a "I swear it means nothing" thing... I have a hard time swallowing the whole thing, so I'm interested to hear how it goes.

I'm also sorry to hear about your friend. Sudden things like that are really hard.

February 20, 2008 at 8:04 AM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

Good luck to you. Also, James seems to have a fabulous quick wit. I love a quick witty comeback. I'm sending smiles your way!

February 20, 2008 at 11:06 AM  
Blogger Bittersweet Confusion said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss QSW...

About Mr. Lust... I know how you feel... I have been through a similar situation with the BF. I found some messages of the explicit variety to this chick on a game he always plays... I never confronted him about it because I was admittingly snooping but I still could not forget what I read... I think it's very disrespectful especially since in your situation he admits that it's a "weekly" occurrence... It's also REALLY bad that he was doing it while you were there (knowing it was wrong to do it).

I can't tell you to end things because that would make me a hypocrite since I'm still with the BF but I wouldn't let something like this go... and deleting Y! is not a solution...

February 20, 2008 at 12:13 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

I love you people for all your kind words about my friend.
I will answer each one individually, just not right now. :)

February 21, 2008 at 9:52 AM  
Blogger H said...

I'm so sorry for your loss -- good thing it's almost the weekend, I'd take some time to mourn and be by myself...sometimes that is the best way to wind down after something sad.
And the deal w/ Mr. Lust is super weird. And I would be LIVID that he was chatting with her while you're sitting right there. Ew.

February 28, 2008 at 12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.