I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Ah, to be fed by a silver spoon.

Mr. Lust and I got into a fight.

First off, I HATE fighting. I am one of those individuals who would rather get mad, walk out of the room for 30 minutes, come back into the room, apologize or talk rationally, and then forget about the reasons I got mad.
Mr. Lust is one of those people who likes to just lay it all out and yell about it.
Luckily, we don't fight often or it'd kill me.

Second off, how do you explain to a man, who has been given everything on a silver platter, that you need a job for money. Also, how do you explain to Mr. Silver Platter that you will be working every weekend and if he wants to see you, for the most part it'll be during the week?

This is the problem I'm having.


So the conversation starts out normally enough.
"So I was talking to my mom over the weekend," says Mr. Lust.
"Mmm hmmm" I said, painting the wall, not really paying close attention.
"She told me that when my father and her were first dating that she had an opportunity for a night job, and he told her 'absolutely no way' so she didn't take it, and she always regretted not getting a chance to do it."

I stopped painting and my breathing had become very shallow.

"So, I'm glad I never asked you to do that when you got this job at the Black Sparrow."

I paused for a second before speaking, "Mr. Lust, you didn't have a choice on whether or not I'd take this job. I was going to take it regardless of what you said."
"I didn't mean for this to get into a bad conversation"
"I'm not trying to make this into a bad conversation, I'm just stating how I needed this job and you weren't going to get in the way of it."
"You could have gotten another job during the day."
"I have a job during the day."
"I'm not going to lie, I hate this job, just because I never get to see you."
"I spent the night with you 6 nights last week. I haven't seen my roommate in a week."
"What? You want to spend more time with ID? Want me to take you home right now?"
"Maybe, if you keep behaving this way."

The fight grew.

Before long, we were yelling at each other. Both of us are so pig-headed and dominating that it was a match that had us "talking" at equal volumes, swearing at equal levels, and really making it into a dutch-style type of fighting.

Finally, in an act of defeat, sank to the floor, put my head in my hands and said, "Mr. Lust, I don't know what to tell you. If I don't have this job, then I won't have a cell phone, so you can't call me. Then I won't have the rent money, and I won't have a place where you can visit me, and I won't have any friends, because when I have no home, I'll just be depressed. And when that happens, I won't want to date you anymore because I'll know that you're the sole reason I'm so unhappy."

This seemed to stun him into silence.
We sat in silence for a good 3 minutes.

"I'm being unfair, I'm sorry QSW."
I didn't say anything.
"I will try harder to be understanding. I guess I didn't realize how much you needed this job since you have the other one."
"I get paid only for 20 hours a week at that job."
"That's true."

At that point we forgave each other. I still have some trepidation towards another one of those fights occurring before we finally reach a true understanding.
At least it's a start.

3 Comments:

Blogger Quarterlifegirl said...

Sometimes fights can end up good where both sides learn something and lead to some really hot makeup sex...or angry sex if it isn't fully resolved, hehe!

February 13, 2008 at 6:46 AM  
Blogger Bittersweet Confusion said...

Sometimes it takes a while to have someone see things through your eyes... Give it time . Things will be ok...

February 13, 2008 at 9:05 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I agree with quarter, make up sex if fantastic, but angry sex can be just as good, and its excellent therapy heehee. Be patient with Mr. Lust, fighting isn't always bad as long as you don't let it consume you. Get it all out in the fight and leave it there, don't brood about it. Things will get better but you have to let them.

February 13, 2008 at 11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.