I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Friday, January 4, 2008

Quietlysippingwine: An Update

So my darling Mr. Lust flew out to Hawaii on the 29th. He stays there a week and then flies back on the 7th stays the night and then flies out the next morning to Germany. He stays in Germany for a week before flying back on the 13th and then he gets into his car and drives to Tennessee.
He'll be back on the 14th or 15th, but he's not sure which day.
My 25th birthday is the 15th.

I started a new job on December 27th.
It's at the
Black Sparrow Pub, and I serve cocktails and sometimes food.
It is my first job as a server and I think I'm enjoying it for the most part. I took to it quickly and even started getting aggressive towards encouraging people to take a seat at a table, instead of getting drinks at the bar. There are always hiccups in any new job and I found myself embarrassed to learn (six days after I started working) that I was suppose to be giving 10% of my tips to the bartender at the end of the night.
No one told me.
How do you learn things like that unless someone tells you?
A bartender that I befriended finally gave me the heads up. I felt so miserable to think that all my new co-workers had thought I was just cheating the bartenders out of money they deserve.

My roommate thinks any day he's going to quit his job. He doesn't have another one lined up, but he can't take the one he's working at now.
I'm not sure what he'll do.

RHM and I finally made up. She stopped drinking, cold turkey, after the night she verbally abused Mr. Lust for no good reason. She half apologized for it. Since I've never seen her "half apologize" for anything, let alone apologize, I accepted it and we moved on.

FN and I are completely normal again. It was as if we had never stopped talking for a two month period. He never explained to me why he was upset, and I never asked. We just "started" again.

Matt and GH both called over Christmas Break. Matt called me and I called him and asshole. GH called my house looking for my brother. Why, I have no idea, I didn't care to ask.

NG, was in my apartment when I arrived back on the 27th. That was awkward, especially since every fiber in my being wanted to shout "CHEATER! CHEATER!" at him.

Amanda has stopped in twice to the Black Sparrow to see me. I really like her. She got me a gym membership.

MM and MW are drifting more and more away. They have completely different priorities in their life compared to mine, and its hard to find conversation when at one point it was easy too.

GND has hung out with me several times since I got back to Lafayette. I think she's planning something for my birthday and it scares me.

That's all folks.

5 Comments:

Blogger Eileen Dover said...

Muahahah! I need to drive up and order drinks from you!

And I would have never thought about the bartender, either. Do you have to give your tip to the busboy, too? I mean, seriously, how can you make a living? Those bartenders make enough anyway. Whenever I'm at the bar I always overtip, because I assume they aren't tipped.

Damn pseudo rules.

January 4, 2008 at 3:10 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

So thats where the Sippers has been as of late...

I may just stop in someday. Just saying, to see the look on your face.

January 5, 2008 at 9:11 AM  
Blogger James said...

Congrats on the new job, QSW. You sound kinda bored, though. Perhaps you need an adventure.

January 7, 2008 at 3:36 AM  
Blogger Quarterlifegirl said...

Missed your posts, and sounds like things are doing well. You are better than I..I would have spit in the cheating exes face, but that is just me, hehe!

January 7, 2008 at 10:16 AM  
Blogger Bittersweet Confusion said...

Did you ever post about RHM out burst to Mr. Lust? I'm losing it... Glad all is well...

My Question about the whole tipping thing is what if the bartenders change through your shift... who gets the 10%...

January 7, 2008 at 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.