I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Thursday, January 24, 2008

Mr. Lust in the past vs. Mr. Lust in the present

"Can't you see baby life is knocking right at your door?"

When I first met Mr. Lust I hated him.
HATED HIM.
Once in my life I've kneed someone in the balls, and once in my life I've slapped someone across the face in public.
Luckily, his was the latter.
Right after I met him, I discarded him as being anything other than a friend.
He explains things to much.
He is slow with telling a story giving too much detail.
He tells stories that aren't appropriate for the situation.
He has women constantly hitting on him because of his physical appearance and he obviously enjoys it.
Totally not my type.
He looked at me oppositely.
He regarded me highly and found me beautiful.
He tried to get my attention, to tell me a story.
I was dating NG at the time and had no time for someone who I disliked, so I ignored him.
He pinched the back of my arm to get my attention.
He thought it was lightly, but it left a red welt on my arm.
In anger, I slapped him right across the face and stormed off to the bathroom.
He told a mutual friend of ours that he absolutely hated me.
I said the same about him.


"Got a talented face and a suit case."

A month later he was at a party of our mutual friend.
He approached me and said, "Let's not hate each other, the least we can do is apologize to each other and be civil."
I agreed, and we stone-faced apologized to each other.
We walked away from each other with high dislike of the other.

"Shackles on your hand seems to disappear"

A month (maybe two) after that I saw him at our mutual friend's house again.
At this point RHM and ID had watched me put the "stamp of disaster"** on my relationship and both gave NG and I a month (maybe two) left on our relationship.
NG was extremely jealous of Mr. Lust.
AKA, with QSW's "stamp of disaster" she felt nice towards Mr. Lust just because it would make NG upset.
Mr. Lust was telling a funny story about his travels to China and QSW found herself actually listening and enjoying the story.
Mr. Lust and QSW walked away from the party that evening drunk (separate) and happy with each other for the first time.


"Don't give up, Don't give up."

Mr. Lust started appearing more and more at the mutual friend's house.
So did QSW.
Mutual friend rolled his eyes a lot.
Mr. Lust asked QSW out.
QSW refused because she hadn't officially ended it with NG.
NG was practically non-existent.
So she agreed to "hang out" with Mr. Lust more and more.
Finally NG ended it and she immediately went on a date with Mr. Lust.


Now she works at a bar that NG comes into every time he's WASTED and asks her how "
MR LUST" is, only he says it obviously with disdain and with a bad taste in his mouth.

Confusing since he was the one who did the cheating.

** "Stamp of disaster" is when I decided in my head that it's not going to work out between myself and another. I don't admit this to myself or to anyone else, in fact, other than my close friends no one would know that I do this. Apparently, the "stamp" is only visible through body language and exasperated noises made when the significant other is called into the conversation. When the "stamp" hits, its only a matter of time before my heart suddenly realizes the same thing my head did.

8 Comments:

Blogger Wanderlusting said...

I think relationships that start out there are the best, at least they make the most interesting stories. After all, how many movies revolve around that premise?

My bf, at the start, was not my type at all but the more I got to know him, the more I realized I needed to take this chance.

NG sucks balls. I hope he was the one you kneed there.

January 24, 2008 at 12:27 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

NG... urgh.

January 24, 2008 at 1:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love at first sight then.

January 25, 2008 at 5:46 AM  
Blogger Quarterlifegirl said...

Isn't it crazy who you end up with. I met my man when I was like 19 but we didn't even notice each other since we both had sginificant others. 3 years later we met again and fell in love....today is almost 5 years! We always laugh that we never paid any attention to each other.

January 25, 2008 at 6:28 AM  
Blogger Len said...

I hated The Boyfriend too when I first met him. And we were both single... lol!

January 25, 2008 at 8:37 AM  
Blogger Bittersweet Confusion said...

I think every girl has their own version of your "stamp of disaster". Mine is when inviting the significant other to a bar outing is a second thought not a first... or when I start to really get attracted to someone else...

January 25, 2008 at 12:50 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

As unoriginal as it is at this point, I hated my bf when I met him and continued to for about 8 years. He of course never hated me, and always wanted to date me (never knew that until now). Funny how things work out isn't it. I agree NG sucks huge style, you are better off without recognizing his existance. If you haven't kneed him in the balls you should...he doesn't need them anyway.

January 25, 2008 at 3:42 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Wanderer: I so wish I had kneed NG. You've seen his picture. Did he look like he needed a swift kick to the balls?

Wombat: I wish I believed in that.

QLG: Its always interesting when you meet people and when you actually see them for who they are.

Lenfer: Still, it worked out for the best. :)

BC: Ohh.. good SoD. That is probably something I've done without realizing it. ha.

Rachel: I so wish I could go "without recognizing his existence" because he likes to come into my bar and bother me a lot. sigh. :)

January 28, 2008 at 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.