I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Thursday, January 31, 2008

Trumps and Tricks.


Mr. Lust has a new house.
He's getting his sister's old couch.
Today we are suppose to go to Indy to get it.

Somehow Mr. Lust got confused on whether I worked or not (I work two different jobs, so sometimes when he asks "Do you work tomorrow?" and I say "yes" he assumes that I work late night) so he made plans to go down to Indy himself to get it.
He calls me while I'm at work and says to me, "Hey my sister wants you to know that she'll be here all week next week and she'll be staying at my place."
"Why doesn't she just tell me that herself?"
"Well, you didn't answer her last phone call..."
"But I'll see her tonight..."
"I thought you worked?"
"Yes, Until 5pm as a web designer."
"Oh, shoot, well... (tries to make a joke to cover up his mistake) then she just told me so that you could go buy wine for you guys to drink when she gets here."
*makes a noise which he quickly covers to say:
"We should get some cards to play while she's here, since you love Euchre so much."
"Euchre requires 4 people and when do you officially become an Uncle?"

I caught him completely off guard and his face was uncontrolled for a moment, a look of pride rolled across his face and then was quickly masked with a stoic expression.
"What are you talking about?"
"Mr. Lust, it's been four months, you cannot fool me."
"God Damnit, did you learn that trick from my mom?"
"All women are born with the innate ability to pry information from anything with a penis."
(pause)
"Plus, you have a little dimple that forms when you lie."
"My sister taught you that one."
"Yes, she did, and since that's how I found out she's pregnant, she can't get too mad that I know."
"Oh shit, You just got me out of a lot of trouble, thank you!"

I'm guessing she's just found out she's pregnant and she doesn't want people to know until she gets past that miscarriage stage. Either way, happy news since originally she thought she might be barren.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

I can totally understand the schedule deal. Confusing.

January 31, 2008 at 4:24 PM  
Blogger JsTzznU said...

Your Dangerous! Knowing when your man is lying!! what fun is that?? lol

February 1, 2008 at 12:13 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Scotty: Ok, fine. One point for Mr. Lust since he has a person who agrees with him. ;)

Jstzznu: Lots of fun, especially when I play cat and mouse for awhile with it. ;)

February 4, 2008 at 9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.