I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Home for the Holidays: Mars Attack.


My family lives on 650 acres.
The driveway is 1/4th mile long.
My room window and my parent's window face out into an open field.
The nearest neighbor on that side is one mile away.
The actual nearest neighbor is 1/2th mile.

My mother goes to bed at 10pm.
My father at 12am.
My brother at 12:15am.
Me at 1:15am.

I laid down in my bed and sighed.
My room was filled with a bright light.
From outside.

I sat up, half of me wondering if I had passed out and dreamt it, the other half scared that I hadn't.
I looked outside, in between the Venetian blinds, one story up, I couldn't' see anything but open field and darkness.
I decided to make my way downstairs and see if my parents were up from it.
I walked quietly into my parents room, feeling like I was six again and scared of a thunderstorm.
Quietly, I shook my mom awake.
"What is it honey?" she said, hoping I wasn't still afraid of thunderstorms.
"My room just flooded with light and then it disappeared," I said, hoping she had an answer.
"You must have dreamed it," she said, "we live in the middle of a field, there is no one around us."

At that moment her room flooded with light.

Being on the ground floor, it was ten times worse. It was as if someone was standing in our yard and had turned on and off a spot light at the window.
My father woke up for this one and was mildly in shock seeing his daughter standing in his room and everyone awake other than him.
"Turn off the light," he said before rolling over.

The light chose to go off at the moment almost like my father was in control of it.

"Jim, it's coming from outside," my mother said patiently.

This made my father bolt from the bed and stagger over to the window to peer out.
"I don't see anything," he said.
"Neither did I, when I looked outside," I explained.

My father let out some kind of explicative and left the room.
I could hear him on the phone in the other room. Moments later he returned and laid back down without a word.

After the Conservation's Officer came to our house and caught the spot light people we found out about the mysterious Buck in the area of our house. Apparently, the Buck is a prized kill to any hunter and those people really wanted to shoot it.
They wanted it so badly that they were willing to trespass on someone else's land, shine a spot light at their house, and shoot the animal while it was blinded by the light.
Even if their guns were pointed at our house.

They are all arrested now.
Fun times in the country.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bittersweet Confusion said...

Wow and here I thought Urban NYC was dangerous!! Glad everyone is ok.

=)

November 23, 2007 at 12:25 PM  
Blogger Len said...

Argh! Blogger ate my comment again.

Geez! what a freakout!

My parents live on the countryside too, the house is rather big and the garden too (even if not as big as your home) and the town is really small. I get really freaked out when it happens that I have to sleep there alone, even though nothing even closely creepy happened here!

November 23, 2007 at 4:40 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

Some people will do anything for a good piece of meat.

November 23, 2007 at 7:33 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

BC: Urban NYC does not have crazy men with shot guns who think killing Bambi is a sport. Seriously, that is one step away from Leatherface, switch the chainsaw for a guy and the humans for deer and you have what was riding around my back yard.
Makes ya think about those innocents who only grab your purse and run. ;)

Lenfer: Blogger was a greedy pig over thanksgiving. Being alone and in an empty area is scary. I know your feeling.

Scotty: ha. Are you talking about the men who will do anything to take home "a good piece of meat" from the bars? I believe human meat and deer meat are much different, unless your Leatherface.

November 27, 2007 at 1:46 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

Nope, not Leatherface :)

November 27, 2007 at 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.