I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Sunday, November 4, 2007

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse



Saturday was girl's night out.
I wanted to see Mr. Lust, but 3 of my girlfriends are very low in their love life right now.
I felt like I should cheer them up and give moral support.
I have not seen Mr. Lust all week and even though I saw him at 11pm on Friday for an hour before we both went to sleep (then he had to work at 8am on Saturday!) it didn't seem to count.
Oh well, I think he was a little hurt when I said I was going out with them. I did tell him I was leaving the bar regardless at 10pm and that we could spend the rest of the evening together.

This seemed to be the perfect compromise, making neither my girlfriends or Mr. Lust upset with my plans.

So Saturday, I call them and try to find out the plans.
One by one, phone call by phone call, all of them seemed to be flaking out.
One won't answer, One said, "Oh, I'm so tired" and one said, "I don't know."
Frustrated and the time nearing 7pm, I gave up and told Mr. Lust that apparently there are no plans.
This was over IM.
No answer.
I tried calling him.
No answer.
From 7pm till 8:30pm I got no phone calls, and since at 3pm everyone wanted to see me and I had to make compromises between them... I was a little put out.
It went from that... to 9pm all of us girls being out at the bar.*
I called Mr. Lust one more time at 9pm before walking in the bar... no answer.
10pm I happened to look down at my phone and see 3 missed calls from Mr. Lust.
I went outside to call him and he let me know he was on his way into town to get me.

Compromise time again.

Since no one got their act together in time, I said to him, "Look, I want to spend a little more time with these girls, come have a drink with us (regardless of girls night) and then I'll leave with you. RHM said she wanted to get to know you better anyway and the other two have been dying to meet you."

He agreed and the girls said that they liked the idea.

He arrived and charmed them all so much that RHM decided to buy a round of "The Four Horseman" shots, after Mr. Lust's first drink, and said it was to convince him to stay out longer. **
We got the shots, clinked and sniffed the shot.
It was some strong booze. Mr. Lust winked at me, and threw the shot back.
RHM did the same.
I threw mine back....
... before I could actually swallow, one of the other girls said something incredibly witty and funny that made me laugh...
... half went down my throat and the other went in my lungs.

Needless to say, it was painful.
There was coughing so hard I was crying.

As soon as I could breathe again I said, "I want to go home."
Mr. Lust was already closing out the bill, and it was too embarrassing to wait indoors coughing so I went outside.
RHM followed me because strange things always happen to me outside of this bar.***
While I'm sitting on the ground coughing my lungs out (every time I coughed I got a new burning sensation like I had just taken a shot) she was giving me the run down of what was happening inside and how she thought Mr. Lust was so sweet.
I didn't care.
Mr. Lust came out, took me by the arm, lifted me up like I was a paper weight and marched me towards his car. I waved to RHM.
I got in his car and he started driving and he was very quiet.
I managed to get out a "Where are you taking me?"
"I'm trying to decide on whether or not to march you into the ER or to take you home." he said, staring straight ahead.
I realized he was scared.
And I started crying all over again.
Coughing and crying.
Like I was 12.
"Home" I croaked.
He clenched his jaw and grabbed my hand.

It was another hour before I finally could breathe 2 or 3 breaths in a row before coughing. I didn't sleep at all until another 3 hours had passed and even then my sleep was broken by coughing. It was morning before I was talking in full sentences and breathing regularly.
I think he was awake most of the night.

The morning light was creeping in and I lay there exhausted next to him. He was staring at me stroking my head.
"How do you feel?"
"Better, exhausted, glad you are here."
"Me too."
(pause)
"I love you QSW"
"I love you too"

Thank goodness it was daylight savings today and he and I slept for another two hours before crawling out at 10am.


*Harry's
** Jack, Jim, Jose, and John
*** I've written about a couple of them: Passing out cold in front of it after a half of drink and being followed to Matt's house by strange men or being chased by Oompa Loompas outside of it. some others are: Having some guy yell at me saying "Melissa why don't you call me" (Melissa is not my name) and being very drunk and running around the corner into someone and knocking him down, only to find out later that he was on the Purdue football team.

7 Comments:

Blogger Len said...

Poor you! That must've been awful. Hope you're feeling better! Oh, and Mr. Lust is sweet!

November 4, 2007 at 11:34 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

Wait a second here.. is that the first 'three-word' exchange there at the end?

:)

November 5, 2007 at 7:16 AM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Lenfer: Thank you! I hope I stop coughing soon.

Scotty: Yes. It was. And it was highly romantic.

November 5, 2007 at 9:52 AM  
Blogger WiscoBlonde said...

Whoa whoa whoa!!!! I'm so glad to hear you're happy and being treated the way you deserve!!

November 5, 2007 at 11:28 AM  
Blogger Bittersweet Confusion said...

Wow... The big L ... Was this the first exchange or have you been holding out on us???

November 6, 2007 at 1:10 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

WB: Thank you! I think things will work out for you as well!

BC: First one. :) Which is why I marked it in my diary/blog.

November 6, 2007 at 1:46 PM  
Blogger Wanderlusting said...

Holy shit! You guys are already using the L word?

How long have you been going out, I thought you were still with the other guy! Man, this is what happens when you stop reading blogs for a month!

November 7, 2007 at 2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.