I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Witching Hour



NG never read a book for fun, even found it odd that I did.
I have a bookcase in my room of all my favorite books.
Book. Case.
More than one shelf of just books.
Readable books. Not School books.
Not to say that school books aren't readable... just boring.

So, Friday was the final day with NG.
Monday I went on a date with Mr. Lust.
He knew I had a relationship, but he didn't know it had ended, I think he was happily surprised when I agreed a second time to go out with him.
And I didn't tell him right off the bat that NG and I had ended.
He took me to a local restaurant named Scotty's and we sat down and started chatting.
I found out more about him.
He's a Vice President of a 120 million dollar company.
He wants kids one day.
He wants to be married.
He's scared of gold diggers.
He hasn't been in a relationship since December of last year.
That girl ended up wanting to be married to him after 8 months together.
He's been to jail(not prison) a couple of times because of his teenage/college years and being a hot head during them.
The times he's been are because of the following:
-Getting caught having sex with his girlfriend at age 18(she was 15).
-Being pulled out of his cousin's car while he was asleep, apparently she saw the cops and ran inside leaving her pot in the glove compartment box (age 19).
-Throwing a man through a bar window because he was sexually harassing one of his female friends(age 22).

QSW: Your honesty is amazing.
ML: It is the best policy.
QSW: Why are you telling me this?
ML: Because I like you and for some reason you don't seem to be judgmental with me.
QSW: Well, I am, I'm trying to figure out which illness to fake right now so I can leave.
ML: Aw. Am I that bad?
QSW: How old are you now?
ML: Twenty Five.
QSW: See, there you go, you are too old for me.
ML: (laughing) How old are you?
QSW: Twenty-four.
ML: When is your birthday?
QSW: January.
ML: I'm a total of 8 months older than you.
QSW: Yea well, I'm not a gold digger, I'm a baby snatcher.
ML: (laughing)This conversation gives me hope, and if you aren't meaning too, then I suggest you stop it.
QSW: Hope for what? I'm not sleeping with you after this meal, so if that's it, then I'm sorry to have given you hope.
ML: I don't want to just sleep with you, I want to date you, I'm just patiently waiting to see if you and NG will work out or not. Do you think I just want to sleep with you?
QSW: Well, I do call you Mr. Lust, and I think its considered "impatiently" if you've taken me out twice.
ML: Mr. Lust? To who do you call me that? Whats wrong with my name?
QSW: I don't like your name, I thought about Princess Sophia, but decided you didn't need a royal title.
ML: Sometimes I can't tell if you are joking or not.
QSW: I know. Its part of my allure.
ML: How serious are you and NG?
QSW: Pretty serious.
ML: Am I wasting my time then?
QSW: I don't think so.
ML: How so?
QSW: Well, because we broke up on Friday.
ML: (eye brows went up) How are you serious then?
QSW: I'm pretty seriously done with him, and him with me.
ML: (smile twitching in the corners of his mouth) I see.
ML: I brought a book for you.
QSW: Really? I can't read.
ML: You are a very smart woman for being illiterate.
QSW: I've had excellent man servants who read for me.
ML: (laughing) Then maybe they'll read this for you as well (hands me the book, The Witching Hour)
QSW: (surprised) I've actually always wanted to read this.
ML: I thought it would interest you because you talked about our local history of witches and murders on our last date.
QSW: Wow, I did talk about that. What a depressing subject to talk about on a date.
ML: I think you were nervous, and I found it interesting. I even Googled some of the stuff the next day to find out more about it.
QSW: I was not, other than nervous about someone walking in and seeing me on a date with a man other than my boyfriend.
ML: (corner-twitching-smile)I never said what you were nervous about.
QSW: (pause) Damn.
ML: When can I take you out again?
QSW: I don't know, I have a lot of reading to do, probably sometime at the end of next week.
ML: Actually I just remembered my Aunt wanted to borrow that book from me, I'll have to give it to her first.
QSW: OH ok (hands it back) Well, this date has to end early now, because Border's closes in 15 minutes (its next door to Scotty's) and I need to go book shopping. I think I might pick up some more of Anne Rice's stuff, some sound so interesting.
ML: You win. (hands book back)

You have now been a fly on the wall to one of the sweetest things someone has done for me on the second date...
...they've brought me a book to read.

(I am not being sarcastic, I think it's highly romantic)

10 Comments:

Blogger Kaisa said...

I'm with you, books are the best!!! one of my dream: to shop my heart out in a bookstore!!

and that was the most catching dialogue I've heard/read in awhile. maybe Mr.Lust is even more than just Mr.Lust :)

October 10, 2007 at 8:54 AM  
Blogger Kaisa said...

ps. you talk like I wish I could talk! I never have the witty answers when I need them, they always pop in to my head too late .... like hours too late :P

October 10, 2007 at 8:57 AM  
Blogger WiscoBlonde said...

I've heard enough. I'm smitten!

October 10, 2007 at 11:40 AM  
Blogger JsTzznU said...

Me thinking that you will be sleeping with him a heck of a lot sooner that you think!! Not that is a bad thing LOL.. JsT saying............ =)

October 10, 2007 at 12:41 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

oooo... I wonder if he has been promoted from being only Mr. L?

October 10, 2007 at 3:00 PM  
Blogger Girl said...

I think Mr. Lust might be a keeper...

Enjoy! ;)

October 10, 2007 at 3:21 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Lessake: I still my wittiness (see post). I love books, and this one is turning out to be fairly good so far!

WB: Back off... he's mine. ;)

Jstzznu: I agree, it's already bad enough that I can't stop wondering what he looks like naked.

Scotty: No. See post. ;)

Citygirl: Welcome! I think so too. ;)

October 11, 2007 at 6:52 AM  
Blogger Circe said...

Since I love books, I would appreciate the loan and think it was very thoughtful.

And I enjoyed being a fly on the wall for your date. :)

October 11, 2007 at 2:03 PM  
Blogger H said...

Wow!!! That is some great conversation! He sounds great! :)

October 15, 2007 at 6:43 AM  
Blogger Eileen Dover said...

Ooooh, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Scotty's Brewhouse!! Isn't it fab??

October 15, 2007 at 4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.