I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Halloween: Cheers to an improved holiday!

Halloween... A night to eat candy and get drunk.
Well, that's what I always thought it as. I don't have any bad memories with the holiday and normally I look forward to it like I do Christmas.
New Years and my birthday always suck though. I hate my birthday and New Years always seems a built-up let down. St. Patrick's day was an alright holiday until Matt and GH ruined it for me. Valentine's day sucks. Don't even get me started with 4th of July after NG decided to be a complete prick to me. Hopefully I'll forget that one soon.
Thanksgiving has to be the best holiday. Food and Football.

Back to Halloween. I like candy, booze, pumpkins and Fall, so naturally Halloween was in the top three of my favorite holidays. I never thought of it much other than that. I was never overly excited or really disappointed about it until this year. This year Mr. Lust has effortlessly made it into something I'm extremely excited about. So excited, I'm kind of scared at the disappointment that might come from it. My original plans were to get dressed up as a bar wench, throw a party, invited my closest friends and serve hot apple cider with spiced rum in it. Scratch those plans. Mr. Lust called me on Tuesday and told me that he had to pick a colleague up at the airport on Monday morning at 5AM. He seemed hesitant. I said, "Ok dear, I understand if I won't see you much on Sunday." I didn't know what else to say. "Why don't you come with me?" he asked.

Hmmm.. getting up at 3AM and driving to Indy to pick up someone. Not really fun, I've already done it for my work. Oh well, I really like Mr. Lust and I'd feel better knowing that he had someone to talk to on his drive down.

"Ok, What time are we leaving for Indy?" I asked, "3AM or earlier?"
"You think I want you to get up at 3AM and drive with me to Indy?"
"Yes... what do you want me to do?"
"Haha, QSW, that's why I really like you, you show me how much you like me and you don't even realize you are doing it. I love the fact that you'd want to drive with me at 3AM, just to spend time with me."
"And to make sure you drive safely."
"Even better, No QSW, I don't want you to come with me to Indy. The plane lands in Chicago. I want you to come with me to Chicago and stay with me downtown on Saturday night, explore Chicago, and then Sunday evening go to a hotel nearer to the airport where we can get up at maybe 4AM and get my colleague from the O'Hare airport and drive back."

"You want me to spend the weekend in Chicago with you?"
"Yes dear, I do, and I thought maybe we could go see Wicked, I already have the tickets, I'm just waiting your approval."
"Really?! I've always wanted to see Wicked!"
"I know"
"How do you know that?"
"On our first date with sushi, you mentioned how you hope your office books Wicked next season so that you could see it."
"Did you take notes on our date?"

I was suddenly filled with lines from Bridget Jones' Diary:
BRIDGET:Hurrah. Am no longer tragic spinster but proper girlfriend of bonafide sexgod, so committed that he's taking me on a full-blown mini-break holiday weekend.

"No, no notes..."
"I'll do it!"
(laughter from him, rich and deep, if he wasn't on the phone he would have been naked in moments)"Well, good, I'll book the hotel."

And that's the moment that Halloween looked like like Milk chocolate drenched in dark chocolate over Carmel cheesecake, instead of a Snickers bar.

8 Comments:

Blogger WiscoBlonde said...

Hooray hooray hooray for us and the luck we're having with boys right now! Cheers!

October 23, 2007 at 10:35 PM  
Blogger Len said...

Ohhhhhh. I should just stop reading your and WB's blog. You see me turning green over here?

October 24, 2007 at 12:08 AM  
Blogger Bittersweet Confusion said...

Ummm... Yeah I'm going to be red riding hood... BEAT THAT!!! LOL

Sounds awesome ...

October 24, 2007 at 6:52 AM  
Blogger DCchick said...

ooooh, you will have so much fun!

Chicago is always fun around the holiday season. And Wicked is spectacularly wonderful!!!!

October 24, 2007 at 7:51 AM  
Blogger Quarterlifegirl said...

Hmmm make sure to get out of bed to see the show, hehe! JK. Have a blast!

October 24, 2007 at 9:37 AM  
Blogger JsTzznU said...

when it's good, it's WICKED!!! =) enjoy!

October 24, 2007 at 9:40 AM  
Blogger Len said...

Oh, and Sipper, if you want that blog link, you should write me an email!

October 25, 2007 at 3:13 AM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

WB: I know!! I'm so excited for you every time I read your blog.

Lenfer: I think I'm going to have to get your new link to figure out what is going on!!

BC: You can't beat Miss Hood. I'm envious. ;)

DC: I'm so damn excited.

QLG: It is a concern of ours. Both of us have mentioned it. ;)

Jstzznu: Hehe.. are you talking about the show or the hotel room? ;)

October 25, 2007 at 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.