I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Thursday, October 4, 2007

Candy thoughts


Do you ever walk into a convenient store and see candy from your high school days and think, "Oh my gosh, I haven't had one of these in so long!" and then you buy said candy?

Do you leave the store and eat the candy only to think to yourself, "My God, I feel as if I'm getting a cavity just by eating this, my kids are never going to eat this!" but still somehow manage to eat the rest of the candy anyway?

Do you immediate realize that deep down you will probably let your kids eat the candy because even though they aren't even in the thought process yet and your biological clock isn't going off, they are your future kids and you want to make your future kids happy, consequently, if they want some candy that you enjoyed at their age why wouldn't they be allowed the same privilege?

Do you then wonder, if you are thinking of your future kids then maybe you are lying to yourself about the whole biological clock not going off, and then immediately wonder if thats the case then maybe you are sabotaging a good relationship because you don't foresee yourself having kids with that person and your personality is subliminally trying to break you away from the older kid that you are currently dating that has a habit of driving drunk and being judgmental towards you?

Do you immediately thank your subconscious and wonder if you should give it a name, then think "Wow, that's so much like having a kid that maybe my biological clock has been going off for awhile and I've just been hitting the snooze button?"

Do you look down at the candy wrapper in your hand and think, "Wow, candy to the snooze button on the biological clock," then wonder if you might be a little crazy?

After all that is thought, do you decide to hit the snooze button again by going out and being wild that evening?

If so, then you and I should be friends.

6 Comments:

Blogger Bittersweet Confusion said...

Your my sister from another mister!!! LOL!

October 4, 2007 at 4:09 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

Yes to the first three. I don't really make it past there, I hit the snooze button soon after.

October 4, 2007 at 4:22 PM  
Blogger Bridget M. Burns said...

you are so awesome.

October 4, 2007 at 9:36 PM  
Blogger Kaisa said...

I'm with scotty, the snooze button is hit much-much sooner :)

October 5, 2007 at 4:55 PM  
Blogger Len said...

We should be friends. I want to hit a lot of different snooze buttons really hard.

October 6, 2007 at 4:24 AM  
Blogger H said...

I hit snooze fast, too. :)

October 9, 2007 at 8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.