I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Thursday, September 13, 2007

Off with her head!


Yesterday:

- Got 7 inches of my hair cut off plus I added bangs
- Bought ID a bottle of Johnny Walker Black as an appreciation gift, because he's allowing me to throw a party for RHM on Saturday.
- ID came home and said he had a really bad day. I told him about the Johnny Walker, and he proceeded to CHUG his first glass and gulp his second glass.
- Realized ID must have had a bad day, I asked him what it was about.
- ID proceeded to tell the story, but did it in a fashion as follows:
"So today was a bad day"
"Why?"
"Because worked sucked so bad, ever get so mad that you could get sick?"
"Yes, what happened?"
"Well, they are on a witch hunt at work."
(pause)
(pause)
(pause)
"Yes.........."
"And so my boss pulls me aside today and tells me that her and Amanda's job might be in jeopardy."
(after another pause) "Why does this have to do with you?"
"It doesn't"
(pause)
(pause)
"So... what about your bad day?" (I'm wearing thin at this point)
"My bad day came when Jose decided to stab me in the back."
(pause)
(pause)
"And......How.... Did.... he.... do....that...."
"Oh, I over heard a conversation I wasn't suppose to hear between him and Tom."
(pause)
(QSW cracks)
"JESUS H. ROOSEVELT CHRIST! SPIT OUT THE DAMN STORY ALREADY!"
"What crawled up your ass and died?"

-RHM shows up, and we open a bottle of wine to drink on the porch.
-ID follows us there and after his 4th straight glass of ice and Johnny he becomes REALLY DEPRESSED.
-I try to ask him what is the matter but he doesn't say anything.
-I ignore him and text message RHM saying, "Hey lets get a drink out, I think ID wants to be left alone"
-We leave. Amanda (different from the first one mentioned) comes over to help out ID.
-ID is just sitting on the couch at this point not talking.
-I go out for an hour with RHM and my next door neighbor.
-When I come back, ID is COMPLETELY fine and Amanda is there.
(there is a lot of back story to all of these events which I don't have the energy to write out)
-I don't want to be in the apartment at this point, so I text message NG.
-I got to NG's apartment after he responds with 'come on over, bring a movie'
-I arrive curl up with NG, watch part of Breach, go to sleep.
-Wake up today at 6:30am so I have enough time to drive home, take a shower, get ready and get to work by 8am.
- Car won't start.
- Call boss tell her I'm going to be late.
- NG's day off is today, so I let him sleep, finally at 8am waking him up.
- He calls me silly and kisses me, then hops up and gets dressed so he can drive me home.

On the way home this morning I told NG, "Wow, for it being 8AM on your day off, you are awfully happy to be driving me around."
"Well, I got 8 hours of sleep, I slept next to a beautiful woman who then let me sleep in even when she needed my help, and this is a brand new car which I adore so I'm happy to be your chauffer."
"Good because I'll need a ride back to my car at some point."
"Any time, babe."

I traded one nasty, ugly man for one pleasant, handsome man.
Good call on my part.



Anyone read the Stephanie Plum series?
NG reminds me of Ranger sometimes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Len said...

*converts inches in cm*

Wow, that's quite a lot of hair you got cut off!

And after reading that... I need a drink.

September 13, 2007 at 8:59 AM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

You need a drink because you are upset about my hair? I'm happy! Or do you need a drink because it was so melodramatic and complicated...

I'd believe either ;)

September 13, 2007 at 9:08 AM  
Blogger Len said...

I need a drink because you talked about drinks so much... and because I'm still hungover from yesterday. ;)

September 13, 2007 at 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.