I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Lx-nay on the condescension-ay

"I don't want you to walk away from this thinking I am mad at the whole you and ABNB's thing of running, I'm just mad because you didn't tell me you guys were running."

"Yes I did."

"No, you didn't, he just told me the other day, 'QSW is getting much better at running.'"

"NG, the other night when your roommate had a 15 minute rant about how he was going to go running with ABNB's favorite waitress and after it I asked you if you were mad that we were, you said 'NO' and I know I told you about it before then, because you and your roommate talked about it which is why he felt he could go on a rant about it."

"You didn't tell me about the recent times."

"Recent times? Its only been a week and a half since that night, and I've only been running with ABNB 3 times since then. Most of the time I go running by myself."

"Well that makes this sound stupid."

(QSW hold back all impulse to say, "It is stupid.") "Well, NG, I think you are getting ahead of yourself with being upset about this."

"I'm not upset."

(QSW, wants to sigh very loudly)"Ok, you aren't upset about the whole ABNB thing and myself, I understand. I just meant, you are upset now with the situation."

"Yea."

"Man, we've had a lot of these little tiffs lately. First me with the DVD and then you with the ABNB thing."

"Yea, So, what are you trying to say?"

"I think you like me a lot."

(grins)"Well, yea, why else would I put up with this?"

"Yea, I guess I like you too." (winks)

6 Comments:

Blogger Indiana said...

That was a brilliant way to deflect and defuse a rising fight situation.

September 5, 2007 at 6:47 PM  
Blogger Bittersweet Confusion said...

You guys are SO. DARN. CUTE!!!

September 6, 2007 at 2:16 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Indy: Why, thank you. :)

BC: Are you being sarcastic? ;)

September 7, 2007 at 6:16 AM  
Blogger H said...

Awww, that is cute! And way to not fight!

September 7, 2007 at 12:15 PM  
Blogger James said...

Very nice, QSW! I am going to remember this one. Diffusing arguments is a learned skill, and a guy can always find new ways....

But I'm here for a different reason. You asked me, so I ask you: what would you give your life for, if you had to? Oh, and if things don't work out with NG, will you marry me? ;)

September 7, 2007 at 10:38 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Heather: I hate fighting, I try to avoid it as much as possible.

James: Thanks for the compliment!

I would give my life for my brother, mother, father. I agreed with you and Mia when you said it's people not objects. :)

And, I'll keep you posted on NG. ;)

September 9, 2007 at 7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.