I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Monday, September 24, 2007

Love bites.

I use to work at a hotel. Anyone who has ever worked in the food/customer service/hotel industry wants to get a college degree after working there for 6 months. Some of the most memorable things were listening to the kitchen staff talk about our head cook's appetite for sex with sheep, our new waitress literally crying over spilled milk, and the housekeepers coming up to the front desk with hickies all over their necks.
The last one is the thing I want to talk about.
Is a hickie ever a good thing? I remember in high school it was, it was a mark that you somehow were an older and wiser person because you let someone suck your neck so hard that the blood burst underneath the skin. You go girl(or guy i guess). I remember the housekeepers thought they were having a better sex life because they allowed some drug-ridden man go at there neck like they'd find cocaine underneath the skin. They all looked like trashy whores
to me.
Then this weekend came.
I got a hickie.
It was completely by accident(aka, heat of the moment), and even though NG was a gentleman about it and apologized profusely about it when he saw it in the morning, it was still there, red, blaring, ugly.
I quickly dispatched to RHM to bring the concealer.
Since she's darker complexion than I, the concealer covered it, but made it look like I had a bruise there. So I put another dab of concealer on the opposite side of my neck and made it look like the first one.
When RHM saw it she asked me if I had lost all my marbles.
"No," I said, "this way if anyone asks, I can say someone put me in a choke hold and I got bruises from it."

She just stared at me for a moment.

"Why, QSW Dear, would that somehow be better than a hickie?" she asked.


I don't know, I had no answer for her. I would rather people think that I got put into a choke hold by NG than for people to think that NG got carried away and kissed to hard on my neck.

Any answers for me dear bloggers?

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

They are looking at your hickie when they could be admiring your sparkling blue nail varnish?

What's wrong with people?

September 24, 2007 at 8:03 AM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Hahahaha... Not my neck or blue nail polish.

But thanks for liking the picture I googled ;)

September 24, 2007 at 9:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Fooled again.

September 24, 2007 at 10:29 AM  
Blogger Scotty said...

re: Hickey - Please post pic.

September 24, 2007 at 10:10 PM  
Blogger Bittersweet Confusion said...

Just say something like " Kangaroo boxing is alot harder than it looks... caught me right in the neck." It will at least get a laugh!

September 25, 2007 at 4:42 PM  
Blogger Bittersweet Confusion said...

Oh and to answer your ACTUAL question... Best guess would be

Hickey = Trash
Choke hold = Fem Fatale

LOL!

September 25, 2007 at 4:47 PM  
Blogger Indiana said...

Embrace and wear the passion with pride.

September 25, 2007 at 8:11 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Wombat: So sorry. ;)

Scotty: See e-mail. :)

BC: By far the most creative and true answer I've seen when this question has been asked! I almost want to get another hickie to match the first so I can say "Oh, Fem Fatale"... I said almost.

Indy: No, I refuse too. I shall not look like a crack whore with pride! ;)

September 26, 2007 at 8:13 AM  
Blogger norelle said...

I had a massive hickey at my grandfather's funeral. That felt good.

It sounds like an urban myth, but next time you get one, scrape it with a coin. Swear to god it works - I speak from experience (sadly I didn't have this information before the funeral).

September 27, 2007 at 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.