I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Tuesday, September 11, 2007

HBFN & Topsy Tuesday

The knife slipped and was stopped by a bone ... in my hand.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FN!

I know you'll never forget your 24th birthday.

(especially me drinking to make my hand stop throbbing and passing out early.)


***************************************************

This morning was almost ruined.

I sat down on the bus, paper in one hand, coffee balanced between my thigh and arm because it hurt to hold it in my left hand.
A lady got on two stops after mine.
She sat down really close to me, even though the bus was pretty much empty.
Annoying.
I continued to read ignoring her.

At some point the bus jolted, and I had to put down the paper to grab my coffee.
I sat there sipping it for a minute, and before I could pick up the paper again, the lady asked me a question.

"Are you pregnant?"

If I had had coffee in my mouth I would have sprayed it on her.
I just stared at her for an awkward moment, then I looked down at myself and back at her and said, "I wear a size 2, why do you think I'm pregnant?"

"You have a glow about you and I thought maybe it was because you were," she said, completely unabashed at my horrified face.

"No, I'm not," I said, in shock, but after a moment realizing that it was completely and 110% true based on what I knew about myself and NG.

Thank God, because she could have really ruined my Tuesday. I think a higher power is sending me a message that birth control pills are probably a good idea to add on top of condoms... so I'm going to go with it and put myself on them tomorrow.

I'm not superstitious but I don't pass on obvious signs.
******************************************
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd two.

Today, at 4pm, we had bells go off for 2 minutes in remembrance for people who were killed during 9/11/01.

The director, who rarely talks to me and didn't check his e-mail, asked what was going on during the ringing of the bells.
The assistant director told him.
He said, "Oh, I thought maybe QSW was getting married!"
I stopped what I was doing to give him a look.
"Aw, QSW, I know you are dying to settle down and have children!" he said.

No, Mr. Director, I'm not ready.
I don't want to pop out babies right now.
And you know what FN says about you?
He says you married your wife as a nice cover up,
For BEING GAY!

If only you could say things sometimes...

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Wow for some reason you are really throwing off the maternal vibe today. Good luck with that one. That rosey glow of happiness must be more vibrant than you originally thought...

September 11, 2007 at 1:36 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

ok, thank god it was only one day
thats over with now. ;)

September 13, 2007 at 7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.