I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The alcoholic Irish Drinker

Last night I met NG's mom, and brother, and brother, and step dad, and brother's girlfriend.
Alllllll at the last-minute-wow-i-can't-believe-I-am-meeting-them-right- now-this-was-unexpected time.

Afterwards we went back to my place and hung out together.
ID came home after his football game was rained out.
This was at 8:15pm.
He started drinking scotch, and he had a half a bottle of it to last him all of the night.
NG and I went inside to watch a movie.
NG wanted to watch "The Cutting Edge" and I curled up with him wondering how I got to meet his mom and watch a chick flick all in one evening.
Around 10:30ish the movie ended and we went out to see ID.
ID had finished the scotch and was now drinking my Pinot Noir.
I should say CHUGGING my wine.

I tried not to be angry.
A man who has no taste buds from the amount of cigarettes he smokes and the amount of alcohol he drinks, still can enjoy a glass of wine...
He was on his last cigarette as well... after having most of a pack before NG and I went inside.

"You are going to feel pain in the morning," I said, "mixing wine and scotch... the thought makes me want to puke."

I was being serious when I said this, however mad I might have been, this was said in pity for his stomach.


"Oh my GOD, QSW," he said with just utter disdain, "you don't know shit when it comes to drinking and I will be fine in the morning."
He spat these words and slurred his speech.
"Well, maybe since you are Irish, but its been my personal knowledge that drinking grapes and grains in the same night is a bad idea, especially at the amount you have (the wine bottle was half gone)." I explained to him.
"You are just being a bitch," he spat, "watch, I'll be up for work at 6am feeling fine. (pause) Hey man, can I borrow a cigarette from you?"
The last part he said to NG.
I went inside, pissed, and NG followed after a moment.
"Hun, don't get upset, he's really drunk and I'm sure he's just pissed that Amanda didn't come over so he's taking it out on you," NG tried to be reassuring.
"I know, it's probably all those things, I just still want to put his balls in a vice and set him on fire," I said.
"Remind me never to make you mad," NG said.

This morning I heard ID get up at 6:15am.
I rolled over in my bed and thought, "Wow, I was really wrong."
I felt that way until I heard him throwing up.
I heard him trample back to bed.
At 7:45am right before I went to work, I peered into his room.
He was still there asleep and he was suppose to be at work at 7am.

Since I'm a kind, caring, person I won't say anything to him.
But here....
NA NA NA NA NA, I'M RIGHT YOU ARE WRONG!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
SUCKER!
HOW DOES THAT HEADACHE FEEL?! GREAT?!
THAT'LL TEACH YOU FOR DRINKING ALL MY WINE!!

Thank you for listening.

5 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

He always seems to steal your beloved wine.

PS - Even drinking a lot of different wines in the same night can pull a good number on your head.

September 26, 2007 at 11:21 AM  
Blogger H said...

Ugh! When he was drunkenly being an ass to you, I woulda flipped out on him for drinking my wine. Congrats on keeping your cool! :)

September 26, 2007 at 12:35 PM  
Blogger Circe said...

Bad, bad combo. Most anyone would have seen the fallout from that coming...tsk!

September 26, 2007 at 1:50 PM  
Blogger Bittersweet Confusion said...

You're a better person than I... After he called me a bitch, I would have shown him how much of a bitch I can be by blasting the stereo while getting ready for work... but then again this is why I don't do the whole roommate thing...

September 26, 2007 at 8:47 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Scott: Good to know about the different wines... I didn't know that one. If Irish Drinker hadn't been named over a year ago, his name would definitely be "Wine Stealer"

Heather: It was hard.. very very hard.

Circe: You'd think anyone would, but he didn't.

Wombat: Your support is appreciated. ;)

BC: Oh I thought about it. I really did, but I needed to catch the bus by the time I realized he was still there. :)

September 27, 2007 at 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.