I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Monday, August 27, 2007


Today I decided to learn the bus route from my apartment to my office.
Gas is expensive and the bus is free (free to all students and employees of Purdue).
It's a smart idea.
I live in Lafayette, and my office is in WEST Lafayette, so when I got to the bus station (2 blocks from my house) I noticed that one side of the station said, "Outgoing West Lafayette Buses," and the other side side "Outgoing Lafayette Buses."
I wanted West Lafayette, so I went to that side of the station.
I found 4B which I knew stopped nearby my office area, and got on it.
It was 7:30am and I had to be at the office at 8:30am, PLENTY of time (15 minutes to ride to my office, 45 minutes extra time).
I wanted to stop and get coffee before going to the office, and I decided that no matter how long the line was, I'd still have time to get it with a 45 minute time frame.
At 7:45AM the bus finally got moving.
No worries, a little later than planned, but still OK on time.
I said that to myself until I realized we were heading EAST.
I started thinking, "4B goes EAST and 4A goes WEST, that was the only possible answer, I apparently had gotten it confused. Shit. But why was the bus parked on the West side? Who knows? Oh well, I won't get coffee, but I know this loop, I'll still be there in plenty of time."

Little did I know that I was on the Morphing Bus and halfway through the ride the bus morphed from 4B into 1A.

I hadn't ridden the bus in 2 years, maybe this was why.

1A has a stop right by NG's house and I was VERY tempted to get off there and have him give me a ride to work. That was, until I realized that he was buying a new car today and wouldn't be home...
...Damn...
By now, I was now twice as far away from work then when I started out.
Then we started riding through the Ghetto.
My Monday was going to be fantastic, I could tell.

The Morphing Bus suddenly morphed back into 4B, and stopped in the SAME SPOT that it did earlier at the bus station I was at, 45 minutes previously.
I started to get off, but before I could STUDENTS started getting on, and asking if this bus went to campus.
The Driver said "Yes," then got off to take a smoke break.
I followed him off and looked at the front of the bus.
4B.
Just like it said 45 minutes earlier.
W.T.F.
I sat on that bus and number 4B went WEST this time and dropped me off for work 15 minutes late.

It was the Hillbilly Bus From Hell.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

This is why I try not to take the bus.

August 28, 2007 at 8:55 AM  
Blogger Bittersweet Confusion said...

Being a public transportation mogul myself, I have to say WTF?!? A Morphing bus? It would have been cooler if it morphed into a limo or something...

August 28, 2007 at 3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.