I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Thursday, August 9, 2007

Six Degrees of separation from 7th Earl of Lucan..

... to Andy Warhol.

How? Wikipedia only knows, but I found myself looking at the 7th Earl of Lucan, and then 15 minutes looking at the page for Andy Warhol.
I love Wikipedia.
The whole thing was spurned by this.

**********************************************************

Since I'm the life version of Office Space, it's only natural that I'd get promoted twice in the summer time.
I'm now a full time employee.
And I've started writing a novel.
After sitting here all day doing nothing, I'm done with the first chapter and outline.
It might be crap, and even if I don't do something with it, it'll be fun to say, "I started writing a novel once."
Sounds so interesting.
Apparently, my office thinks that it takes a LOT of work to continue to do updates to a website.
It takes me about a half an hour every day.

The reality of my promotion is that I have to get up early like an adult and behave in an adult like manner(I had been getting to work at noon and leaving by 5).
This is easy for me to do, alone, but when my friends act as if they are 12 years old, I get frustrated.
Case in point, last night, when my old roommate RHM decided she was depressed.
She decided to call me at midnight.
I had JUST fallen asleep.
I woke up and answered it without even thinking about it.
She was crying, I talked her down from her tears and then she said she was going to let me go back to sleep.
I set down the phone.
15 minutes later when I was about to drift off again, I got a text message from her.
It said, "Tomorrow night I want to buy you a drink."
Being half awake, and not thinking rationally I replied with an affirmative.
A few moments later, she wrote back "Ok, good."
A few moments later, she wrote again saying, "I miss you, AB."
AB is her blog name for me. Those of you who know me in real life/facebook can probably figure out what it means.
I repiled with a "I miss you too RHM"
She knows that RHM is what I call her on my blog, except she doesn't know I abbreviate it to RHM, she thinks it's "Red Hot Mama" like it is in my phone.

This sounds cheesy.

It's my blog, shut up.

I got up from my bed and found FN in the living room playing video games.
I put my arms around him and told him that RHM was having a bad night and if he was planning on staying up until all hours of the night, then he might want to call her and go do their usual "Let's eat at Denny's at 4AM."
He patted my arm, kissed me on the cheek, and told me he would.
Having RHM's bad night taken care of, I went back to sleep.
At 4:30AM when they got back from Denny's (apparently they went around 2ish), RHM thought I was awake, so she ran into my room and said, loudly, "Hi AB!!"
I sat up like someone shot me.
"Feel better?" I asked, not sure what time it was.
"Oh yea, thanks for telling FN to call me, I needed a Denny's night," she said.
FN appeared in the doorway beside her at that moment, and I laid back down and closed my eyes.
"Well, I know FN always likes stuffing his face with pancakes, so I thought he might as well have an audience while he does it," I said, smiling with my eyes closed.
"Bitch," FN said, the humor obvious in his voice.
"Goodnight AB!" and with that, RHM left and FN laid down in his bed.
I peeked at the time.
Grrrrrr.

7 AM came way too quickly.
FN had the day until 12 to sleep in.
Ironic, cause he's usually the one getting up early.
I got ready, said goodbye to ID, and got into my car.
My phone beeped with a new text message.
7:45AM, RHM said, "I'm going to really need that drink tonight."
7:46AM QSW said, "Ok, is something wrong, what happened?"
7:48AM RHM said, "JJ deleted me and I'm really upset and crying."

JJ is an ex boyfriend whom she had a long term fuck-buddy relationship with until recently, when he got a girlfriend.

At this point, I lost patience and rolled my eyes in disgust.
I replied nicely though, "Have you tried calling him?" (assuming she meant deleted from AIM list)
RHM: "Yes! Well, Text, that's how I knew he deleted me, because he didn't know who texted him."
Me: "RHM, hun, did you ever think his girlfriend might have made him delete ex-girlfriends out of his phone?"
RHM: "No, I know I'm being a girl, I'm sorry."
Me: "You should go to bed."
RHM: "Haha, I love you AB, because you know without asking that I haven't gone to bed yet."
Me: "I know I'm like Sylvia Browne"
RHM: "Haha, I'm going to bed."

That last text message was received, my phone was turned off, and for the rest of this day until after dinner, I have decided not to talk to her.

Does that sound bad?

1 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

Not bad, you needed sleep.. she had already had a chance to vent it out.

August 9, 2007 at 10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.