I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Friday, August 17, 2007

Randomness for Friday

"After the caseworker told me about everybody in the Creedish district colony being dead and all, the first thing I did was start smoking. The smartest thing I've ever done is start smoking. When the caseworker dropped by to say rise and shine, and the only other surviving Creedish went south last night, then I sat myself in the kitchen and upped my suicide process with a good stiff drink.
It's church doctrine that says I have to kill myself. They don't say it has to be hurry-hurry instant quick death."


Odd choice for one of my top five favorite books...
...but its a quote from one of them.
Ten points if you can name it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

This is the quote I really like from that book.
"There's always a chance you could die right in the middle of your life story."
Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk

August 17, 2007 at 1:11 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

"You find what you want. You stalk it. You grab it and make it your own. After you’ve had it, you throw it away."

August 17, 2007 at 1:51 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Rachel & Scotty: It warms my heart to know that at least two people have read that book. :)

I love that quote as well, Rachel, its kind of the tag line for the whole book, dontcha think?

Is that your favorite quote Scotty? Or are you somewhat of a Klepto? ;)

August 20, 2007 at 6:21 AM  
Blogger DoesItReallyMatter? said...

*sigh* I knew it as well...but late as ever. Oh well, c'est la vie, non?

August 20, 2007 at 6:56 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

It really does sum up the whole book. Its rare that I've ever been able to find a single quote in a book that manages to explain the entire plot in a sentance. Very refreshing!

August 20, 2007 at 7:39 AM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

DIRM: Still, it counts that you knew it. Ten points. ;)

Rachel: It is refreshing! I like Chuck books, they always have a point, and they always get to that point. Some books, like The Fountainhead, were good, but took forever to make a point.

August 20, 2007 at 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.