I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Thursday, August 2, 2007

Movers beware!

So I basically moved myself.
All of it except a mattress and a futon.
Alone.

Why QSW, when you have oodles of guy friends, wouldn't you have them help?

I'll tell you.

IrishDrinker: ID, the week of the move, was helping his boss move into a new house. One house for another house, and there was a lot of stuff. He even called me to help move he was so desperate for helpers. So when it came to my stuff, I didn't have the heart to ask him to help. He does so much for me already, emergency car fixes, fixing my garbage disposals, fixing my sink, and buying me beer when I'm broke, after that I couldn't ask him to help me move as well. He offered several times but I would always move something and not call him.

NotGay: NG offered to help me move as well, but since he works odd shifts and he's worked 6 out of the 7 days this week, I'd have to move on his time. Plus, his dad is in town from North Carolina, so I had a hard time saying, "Please, don't spend time with your dad that you see twice a year, come help me move instead."

FabulouslyNew: Had enough of his stuff to move. I didn't even go there.

Annnnnd drum roll for the final one!

Matt: WHAT?! You say? Yes, well, about 2 weeks ago I sent him a text message saying "I want my stuff, punk." The night I moved the majority of my stuff, I left my phone in my car. When I was basically done, I realized I needed to call FN. I went out and grabbed it, as I approached my car, I could hear it ringing. So I picked it up really fast. It was NG asking me something. I hung up and as I was walking in the door, I noticed a new text message. I open it and it's from Matt, saying, "Hey, I'm free tonight, if you want to come get your stuff!"
I wrote back, "NO, any other night but this one, I'm exhausted from moving." He writes back, "Oh, you want some help, I can head over right now!"
I literally threw my phone at the wall.
1.5 years of my life wasted with this man, in that time I moved 3 times and the waste of space would never help me, and I asked and let him know way ahead of time, but he would ALWAYS weasel out of it.

So I pieced together my phone and replied with "Fuck off."

1 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

All of them suck for not helping.

August 9, 2007 at 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.