I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Tuesday, August 7, 2007

"It's ok hunny, it's your God given right to act on impulse."

- What FN told me after telling him my story.

So even though I like video games, and I'm currently playing one, I feel its not a good couple's activity. Just like I think sex is not a good single player activity.
Both can be done, just not as fun.

So a few days ago, I text messaged NG with a "Hey, we should definitely watch a movie next time we hang out, I don't think I wanna watch video games anymore."
He wrote back that that was fine with him.
Sunday, he stops by and hangs out with all of us.
I ask what he's up to the rest of the night and he said he was going to go home and watch a movie.
I kind of thought he'd invite me to come with, but he didn't.
So I sat down on the couch, after a bit of talking to him and ID, and started watching FN playing a video game.
NG said goodbye and told me we should hang out tomorrow.

Monday came.
I had had a bad day.
Like clockwork, NG text messaged me at 5, but when I read it he said he was going down south first and asked if I wanted to come with. I told him I'd wait until he got back.
When he got back he called, and I went over there.
I got there and he was playing video games.
He said Hi.
After 15 minutes of sitting behind him and watching him play, he finally said something to me.
"You should go get your laptop and help me figure out this level."

I was so dumbstruck that I was half way out to my car before I said, "What the hell?"
I still grabbed my laptop from my car, but I was beginning to feel the anger and hurt grow.
When I got back, I told him a few things he needed to know about the game, and then closed my laptop.
"What are you doing, we might need that again?!" he said.
"I'm going home," I said.
Without looking at me, he said, "Is everything OK?"
"Sure," i said, not really meaning it, but feeling as if I was talking to a wall.

I left.

About 20 minutes later, after I calmed down and thought rationally I sent him a text message saying "Hey, if you are getting bored with me, or wanted to play video games all night, you should have said something, it's better than driving out there and finding out that way." Yes that was after rational thinking.
20 minutes after that he wrote back:
"You should have said something. Go to bed."

Go. To. Bed.

I didn't know I was dating my father.

In a complete impulse move I wrote back, "No, I'm out at the bars."
I wasn't out at the bars, but for some reason it felt good to say that.

About 45 minutes later after I regained rational thought again I wrote him again:
1st: "You know, I didn't say anything there because its really hard to talk to someone who won't even put down the controller to talk to me. I thought you should know later, so I sent you that text message."

2nd: "I was utterly floored when you got mad at me in response to the first text message. Go to bed? What was that? I have no idea why you are mad at me, but for someone who wants me to talk, it would be good to lead by example."

3rd: I also thought I said I didn't want to watch you play video games anymore, so why would you invite me over tonight and not the night before when you wanted to watch a movie then.

4th: All of that, apparently I'm so wrong on. I really thought you were a nice guy.

Ok, the last one, a bit irrational.
4 text messages in a row for me, a bit psychotic.
No response whatsoever to any of them, a bit shitty.
After all that, what did my gay boyfriend say, it's ok, it's your God given right to act on impulse.

That's not even the whole story, but I'm saving the rest for the book I'm writing.
If the boat is sinking, might as well hit the bottom hard.

8 Comments:

Blogger DCchick said...

just my opinion from hearing this on here....

time to move on.

it doesn't seem like he is interested in being in an adult relationship.

then again, i can't stand grown men playing video games. come on! That would've been the last straw for me.

August 7, 2007 at 2:17 PM  
Blogger Indiana said...

While I agree that he could have put the controller down and talked to you...

...you could have said something while you were there.

Getting angry while two adults are acting like children does not solve anything.

That's my worthless 2 cents.

August 7, 2007 at 4:29 PM  
Blogger James said...

I'm in dcchick's camp here, QSW. Put down the game, make her the priority. Life doesn't happen on a screen....

August 7, 2007 at 10:23 PM  
Blogger Len said...

Don't let him treat you like that. And if he still does, it's time to say goodbye.

August 8, 2007 at 4:28 AM  
Blogger Quarterlifegirl said...

I hate when relationships start to get complacent, but you can change it. Talk to him away from his apartment and the game and just tell him how you feel. Make sure there are no distractions and hopefully he will get the jist. Remember that when he asks you if something is wrong just tell him, Men are notorious for not picking up on a woman's anger and not surprising since they are not mind readers. On the text messages, everyone deserves to go crazy every once in a while! I love your blog!

August 8, 2007 at 6:37 AM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

I have so many eyes staring at me ...

DC: I like video games. ha, but yea, I agree with you, if NG hadn't talked to me, he would have been out.

Indy: We both played the fool, well, I feel like a fool anyway.

James: You are right, but sometimes it's a nice release from the stresses of the world... just not when I'm there. ;)

Lenfer: Agreed. :)

QLG: He got the gist, or rather, I got the gist, I'm pretty sure I was mostly at fault on that one.

August 8, 2007 at 10:34 AM  
Blogger Len said...

haha, that row of eyes is awesome!

August 8, 2007 at 10:46 AM  
Blogger Scotty said...

He is an arse. Does he not have a clue? The go to bed comment was the kicker for me. At least try and help for cryin' out loud.

August 9, 2007 at 9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.