I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Good Will Running.

I started a running routine with a friend of ID's and NG's.
We shall call him, ABNB.
It stands for AllBrawnNoBrains.

In cases with someone who has all brawn, and a former college wrestler who got a full ride scholarship, and who currently coaches wrestling at a local high school...
...you can be rest assured I'm WAY outta shape in comparison. I like it because it gives me a goal to strive for, just to keep up with ABNB.
Why would ABNB want to run with a girl who can barely keep up?
OK, who told you I was a dumbass?
I know the only reason he wants to run with me is because he likes me a lot.

BUT! I also know that ABNB is adamant about not screwing over friends, since NG is a friend, he'd never in his wildest dreams make a move on me.
I feel I'm relatively safe, in all matters considered.
Who wants to mess up a friendship by hitting on your friend's girlfriend who talks about how much she likes your friend, who is also red faced and sweating, and who can barely keep up to your running standards?
Come on, that doesn't need brains.

It was obvious to me on Saturday that NG doesn't feel the same. Saturday night, NG's roommate (Josh) made a drunk ass out of himself and basically mockingly told the table that NG was upset...

Josh: Oh yea, that girl is hot!(ABNB was talking about our waitress, a moment earlier) Maybe I'll start running with her! HEY! Maybe she won't own an Ipod (which I don't) so I can share mine with her, you know, her ear bud can be the left one, and mine can be the right, and we can hold each other's hands while we run together! Screw the fact that you like her! I'm going running with her!


.... it actually was funny looking back on it. At the time I was horrified that that was how I found out that NG was upset with my running habits. ABNB didn't get it and went right on talking about the waitress and different ways Josh could run without sharing an Ipod...

Later, after talking to NG about it, NG admitted that he was angry, but it was silly that he was angry, and that he wished Josh had kept his mouth shut. I understand, I bitch to RHM all the time, but most of it is stuff I'm not really mad at.

So last night I went running again with ABNB.
He started talking about a girl in his office whom he likes a lot.
I asked him why he didn't ask her out.
He replies with, "She's perfect right now and I don't want to ruin that."
They don't call me the walking version of IMDB for nothing, and I immediately wondered if he was quoting Good Will Hunting.
I said, "Well, that's not a way to go through life, you should ask her out."
He said, "I just don't want her to be ruined, what if I realize that she's not interesting and smart and is just boring."
I said, "Are you trying to quote this movie directly, because you are kind of messing up on it?"
He paused and then said, "What?"
"What is Good Will Hunting?" I said, a complete smart ass.
"I'm not quoting a movie," he said.
I told him that it was "my bad" and changed the subject, but here is the quote in question:

Will: This girl is like you know, beautiful. She's smart, she's fun, she's different from most of the girls I've been with.
Sean: So call her up Romeo?
Will: Why? So I can realize she's not that smart that she's fucking boring? You know, I mean this girl is like fucking perfect right now, I don't wanna ruin that.
Sean: Maybe you're perfect right now, maybe you don't wanna ruin that. I think that's a super philosophy, Will, that way you can go through your entire life without ever having to really know anybody...

You tell me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

Thats almost creepy.

August 28, 2007 at 9:54 PM  
Blogger Len said...

I love the name "AllBrawnNoBrains"!

August 29, 2007 at 4:54 AM  
Blogger ruby said...

ABNB sounds totally hott.

August 30, 2007 at 11:23 AM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Scotty: Almost. Creepy. Almost.

Lenfer: Thank you *takes a bow* ;)

Ruby: Oh yea, especially after looking at his nose which as been broken and fixed 349,895,854 times.

August 30, 2007 at 12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.