I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Thursday, August 23, 2007

Angels and Demons. Heaven and Hell. NG and ID.

I am basically broke until next week, upon next week, I'll be rich.
Funny how that works?


So last night I got a text from NG who asked if I wanted to come over and watch a movie.
I told him I'd be over in a bit.
I got into my PJs and was collecting things when ID came into my room and asked if he could drink a glass of my wine.
"Sure," I said, I was OK with a glass, but the bottle I had been saving for the weekend because I didn't have much money to go out with my friends.
I left, and I told him I'd be back later.
I watched part of "Spy Games" with NG when it grew to be late and I told NG I needed to get going.
He held me down in a very adorable fashion and told me that he didn't care that my alarm was going off at 7AM, he still wanted me to stay the night with him.
I agreed, because
A.) I love waking up beside him
B.) I get the most incredible sleep in his bed. It has nothing to do with emotion and we sleep on opposite sides, but damn, I sleep fantastically.
C.) It's my boyfriend, why am I listing reasons?

I curled up with him for a little bit before we both got really tired and rolled off in the opposite directions.

The next morning, my alarm went off.
7AM.
Vibrating.
Screeching.
And on the bed between the two of us.
The minute I realized what the annoying vibrating bird was doing between us, I shut it off.
I sat up.
I had slept so hard that I did not move from the position I started out in, and because of it, my neck hurt a lot.
All my muscles were relaxed and sore at the same time.
It was odd.
I got out of bed and got dressed before I realized that NG hadn't moved.
He wakes up for anything.
I picked up my keys and the clinking together made NG sit straight up in bed and grab my arm.
"Where are you going?" he asked, really concerned.
"Um... to work," I said.
"It's still night," he said.

Apparently I wasn't the only one who slept well with the other one there.

I stopped off at home before going into work.
I had a bagel craving.
When I walked into my kitchen, I found an empty bottle of wine.
"Son. of. a. bitch."
I text messaged ID and asked if he had a headache.
I was angry, but I understood that I live with an alcoholic and that some things will have to be hidden from the alcoholic. I wasn't going to berate him, I just wanted him to have a headache from finishing off a whole bottle by himself.
He wrote back, "No i don't, sorry, the cork broke off at the top on my second glass (he likes to mash the cork in so you can't pull it out unless you have teeth) so I just finished the bottle."

He doesn't really like wine.
Did I mention that?
He loves Bud Light.
The bastard drank all of my Chianti on a whim because he doesn't know his ass from his head.
I got mad.
"You know wine doesn't go bad immediately if you put only half of the cork in the bottle, in fact, it doesn't go bad if you don't put any cork in it." I wrote back.
"Oh, I thought that was a good enough excuse to finish it," he wrote back.
He thought this was funny.

No more wine for him unless he buys it himself.
My wine rack... getting moved into my room today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.