I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Quitting is for losers

So quitting smoking was harder than I thought.
I've gotten it down to about three cigarette's a day... but I need those three.
Sunday, I had 2 cigarettes left.
I smoked one.
FN smoked the other.
I knew myself to be broke, and I knew I was getting paid on Tuesday.
So I knew Monday I'd have no cigarettes.
PERFECT!
One day I'd have to force myself to get over the no-cigarettes hump.

Yea, those things never work.

I come home on Monday, after lifting heavy boxes all day, and find my once clean living room and kitchen, to be dirtied and it had a occupant in it.
Occupant being my roommate the third shift queen.
And she was sound asleep on the only sitting place in the living room.

I was having a bad day.

So, because I was irritated at any little thing, and these were big things, I pulled out all the stops...
...AKA...
I... Turned on the TV and turned it up.
I... Decided to hand wash the dishes instead of loading them into the dishwasher, so they were louder.
I... frebrezed the hell out of the apartment, so much that it was hard for me to breathe.

Afterwards she moved to her room, grumbling, then came out a few minutes later to tell me she was travelling to Fort Wayne to visit her friend.
This is a girl who can't pay our cable bill, or her credit cards, but can have enough money to travel to Fort Wayne.
Whatever.
She left.
And for some reason it only irritated me more.
My apartment spotless again, was irritating me as well.
Just then FN called me and asked if I had any cigarettes.
I almost screamed No.
He told me he'd be over in a minute.
For some reason that made me feel better.
Once he arrived he said, I bet you have enough spare change on your floor to buy a pack of cigarettes.
He said it half -jokingly, but i was not in a half-joking mood, so i took him seriously.
I started picking up change.
It came to: 2.05 without any pennies.

Let's check RHM's room.
She, in quarters ALONE, had 3.75 cents.
I didn't even care at that point, even though FN was horrified I'd go into her room and steal 3.75 in quarters.
Quarters.
The bitch owes $130 dollars for a cable bill.
And he thinks what I did was wrong.

Sorry Charlie, I'll say from now on that she owes 126 dollars and I owe $4 dollars to it.
Even though FN smoked half the pack.
I, after smoking one cigarette out of the package, was calm for the rest of the night.
So I'm calling it "asshole tax" for Miss RHM.*

*again, another quote from Fight Club.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wanderlusting said...

So proud of you over the quitting smoking thing - well, your intentions are good anyway. keep it up!

July 4, 2007 at 10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.