I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Friday, July 6, 2007
ME: Have you heard about the new movie Sicko?
Brother: Yea, it's about health care, I don't like the fact that Moore makes Canada's system out to be amazing, but he has some valid points in it.
Aunt: Are you talking about Sicko?
(Aunt= Duke graduated-law-degree-completely-crazy-right-winged-republican)
Brother: Yes...
Aunt: I've never seen the movie but I hear the talk shows. Oh! I hate how he talks about the British system in a good way when they are only creating terrorists!!
ME: They teach the doctors how to make bombs?
Aunt: (rolls eyes at obviously under-bred Indiana niece) NO... (saying very sarcastically to match my blatant sarcasim) But all the people who put bombs on the subway were doctors.
Brother: WHAT?!?!
Mom: Son, it's not worth it.
Brother: (sighing) Yea you are right.
Aunt: (to Mom) You need to get these kids some more education.

I love when the sobby rich meet the well rounded.
*********************************
This is the same Aunt who was horrified when I told her I stopped by an ATM and...
DA DA DA!...
...I didn't get shot by a black man wearing a ski mask.

Cause you know....
...All black men stand by ATMs, with guns and ski masks, waiting for the next white girl to draw out some money.

A new form of racism...
...And only just after I watched the movie Crash for the first time.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bridget M. Burns said...

oh my god that is hilarious.

The Weekly quoted me this week as saying that I had to check out that movie because of the extreme debt I am in to the local hospital. Which means the local hospital now knows that I have, in fact, received their collection calls. Fuck.

July 6, 2007 at 8:45 PM  
Blogger The Accidental Bitch said...

Ew I have seriously talked to people like this before and it is NOT fun.

My mom's sister is like that and I just have to avoid the subject because I'm afraid of starting a family feud.

July 7, 2007 at 12:42 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Dylan: Oh, that sucks! Hopefully no one noticed... ;)

TAB: I should have avoided it, but I thought my aunt was preoccupied, so I was safe...

July 9, 2007 at 5:47 AM  
Blogger Wanderlusting said...

Phhhfff. Canada's system. Our healthcare isn't free! We bloody pay for it as I just found out the other day as I have been charge 600$ for freakin medical services. Actually it was a mistake - the government is kinda after me cuz my dad never filed my taxes and...long story. Anyway, Sicko, good movie.

July 9, 2007 at 10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.