I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Saturday, July 28, 2007

Kids don't buy drugs, become a rockstar and they give you them for free!

Thursday I was out. I decidedly left my phone at home because I didn't want to be tempted to look at it to see if NotGay would call.
Before I left my apartment to do errands, a friend of mine text messaged me with "OMG, hillbilly hot tub and beer at my place, if you are interested!"
I had no idea what that meant, or if he was even serious.
Creepy is a really nice guy, but he gives of a weird impression at first, in fact, his number is in my phone under "Creepy" because that is in fact his nickname among my friends and I.
Since Creepy's house was on my way home, I stopped there out of pure curiosity.
They had put tarps down in the back of his truck, they had hooked up a hose to the kitchen sink through a window, and they had very hot water sitting in the back of his truck.
I didn't get in the water, but because I was feeling down and because i wanted to see a bunch of drunk idiots. I rode in the truck while they sat in the back.
Oh yea, they drove it around.
Welcome to Indiana.


When I got home, hours later, I found I had a text from NG.
He wanted to hang out on Friday if I was free.
When I got home from work I was stressed out.
Someone from my university had leaked the fact that we were bringing the Dalai Lama to campus.
Monday is going to suck, and Friday was horrible because the press were still giving us hope that they weren't going to print it. We are not prepared to handle the phone calls and all of our details on the matter are still not finalized.
The press don't care and we might revoke a lot of our ads in the paper.
Anyway.

He text messaged me when I got home and still asked if I wanted to hang out.
I said yes and went over there.
This sounds horrible, but I didn't feel like cuddling, I felt like drinking.
It really wasn't him. I think he was trying to make up for the Wednesday night.
I was the one stressed out and odd.
Our timing just has been completely off.
Can two people break up because they repeatedly are on bad timing?

So I left his place around 11ish.
He had to work at 7am.
My friends called me while I was there.
They were having a party.
I wanted a drink.

This next part is where I think GH got his "rockstar" image of me...

I walked into the apartment and my friends were like "QSW! You're here!!"
I hugged a couple as I walked in.
The main person, who threw the party, was sought out and found for me.

SideNote: Our fraternity has "marriages" between members so that our pledges have "parents" so that the pledges have someone to help them though the pledging process.
I decided a year ago to get "married" to him and his roommate at the time.
I always joke that he's my favorite husband, and we have a son and two daughters together. I know, shocking, QSW, a mom.


"My favorite husband," I said, ignoring most of the other people, "Do you have Tequila by The Champs?"
"Yes my dear," he said, leaning over to play it, "How was your evening?"
"Eh, I'm stressed, I feel like a complete bitch, and I'm beginning to think Zelda is more attractive than me," I said pouring two shots of tequila out, and noticing that of the 8 people in the room, all eyes were on me.
"Zelda? As in the video game?" he said walking over to me, the Champs song beginning to play.
"Yes, long story, and I'm not sure I want to explain it." I said.
"Fair enough" he said.
"How was your day dearest?" I asked him.
"Well, I drove 2 hours today out of my way for a stupid whim that my boss had," he started, "then the date I was suppose to have got cancelled at the last minute leaving me with the idea to get a bunch of booze and throw a party."
I set the one of the shot glasses in front of him.
"I'd say to our bad day," I said raising the shot glass, "Mmmm.. tequila"
The last part was exactly with the song.
We shot, clinked, turned them upside down, and both walked outside without a chaser.
I could feel the eyes following us.
Outside were people whom my husband and I knew a lot better.
Creepy was standing at the door when we walked out of it.
"Oh my god," I said, grabbing his beer out of his hand and taking a huge swig.
I noticed my husband doing the same thing when I turned around.
He put down his cup and I gave back the beer.
Then we both erupted in laughter.
Creepy and the 4 or 5 other people were staring at us.
"Why did we just do that?" I said laughing.
"I have no idea, I was just following your lead," he said.
"Don't ever do that," Creepy interjects, "this bitch is crazy!"
I laughed, and said, "At least I don't fill up my truck with water."

And finally, I started to relax and let go of all the bad day.
Now, I gotta figure out how to make it up to NG....

1 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

It sounds as if NG hasn't been shooting par for a while..

July 29, 2007 at 8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.