I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Monday, July 9, 2007

I remembered this..

... and I didn't want to forget it... so, sorry...;) I'm posting it.

NG: No! In the new Harry Potter book someone gets raped in it!! I swear!!
Me: I thought I would have heard that on the news...
NG: That's where I saw it, Harriet Tubman said so.
Me: (stares for a minute) Are you saying the lead female conductor in the Underground Railroad movement had an interview recently and talked about someone getting raped in the new Harry Potter book? Do you read the World Weekly News and believe it to be true?
NG: (pause) Ok, I'll grant you that I threw out the first name that popped into my head...
Me: (interrupting) Harriet Tubman was the first name to pop into your head?
NG: (grabbing my hands, laughing) Yes! IT was! Aaaaand that's impressive that you know so much off the top of your head about Harriet Tubman.
Me: (kissing him, laughing) Well, I paid attention in the fourth grade when we learned about her...and let's not forget that you seem to be obsessed about her since you were the one to "throw out the first name that popped into your head." I believe the correct answer is "Who is J.K. Rowling?"
NG: YEA! That's the one, that British lady.
.