I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Friday, July 13, 2007

"Give him the 'ole 1, 2"

I left NG's house on Wednesday in a bit of a huff.
I think I told him (sarcastically) twice that I hated him.
To which he said (twice) "you do not."
Then I kissed him on the cheek and said goodbye.
I think I said, "Have fun at work" when I left.

Before this, I had noticed that NG has a streak of arrogance about him.
I must be attracted to arrogance(/ego) because 4 outta 5 of the last boyfriends had this very same streak, the exception being GH who I dumped very quickly.

NG has played "games." Something that irks me.
Some of the more obvious games have been text messaging and not responding:

NG: What are you up to this evening?
Me: Not much, you?
NO RESPONSE FOR THE REST OF THE NIGHT.
I just don't bother to talk to him until he makes the effort again.
Seriously why even ask, if you are too busy to respond to the same question?

Or... the pull and push game:

7 days in a week.
First 3 days of the week he'll spend every waking moment trying to be in my presence.
Next 3 days he'll spend every effort to avoid me completely.
Last day, we will hang out where he'll say something like, "Oh yea, sorry, I forgot to respond to your text message."
He seems to enjoy this?

So back to Wednesday.
I left in a huff. Earlier in the evening I said something like, "You have a lot of bullshit about you." This was when he was talking about a particular text message he hadn't responded too. I pointed out exactly what actually happened and told him I knew I was right about it. He looked sort of embarrassed so I said, "Do you hate the fact that I see through most of your bullshit? Would you like me to keep pretending that I don't see what you are actually doing?"

I know this is playing a game myself. Fire with fire, man. I really don't know everything, but men are scared of women, and if you act like you do, then most likely they'll believe you....
he believed me.

So, most of the evening he spent trying to figure out what I meant by "bullshit" and then trying to figure out what I "didn't really know" because obviously he "doesn't play games."
He acted awful nervous for a man who doesn't use "bullshit."

So it's Thursday.
I didn't bother to text message him that day.
At 10:30pm, I got a text from him that said, "Oh no, I'm feeling like smoking!"
Did I mention that NG and I decided to quit smoking together?
I just didn't bother to respond.
(game number 2 for QSW)
I normally always respond, if not immediately, then usually within the hour.
About an hour later I got another from him that said, "Too late."
I didn't respond to that one either.

He was sending out "feeler" text messages.
You know.. judging by my response he'll know if I'm actually mad or not.
I just didn't bother to respond to give him the satisfaction of knowing.
And when I talk to him again I'll say something like, "Oh yea, about those, I got those the next day so I thought, "Eh, the harms already done" so I just didn't both responding.

Two can play at any game. I just want a man who doesn't play games.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

The text thing, and the pull/push thing, are DEFINITELY games. I mean, seriously.

I like the Fire with fire game, good on you. If he cares he'll realize he needs to stop playing them. +2 points for not responding to him and playing along. I dig the drama.

July 13, 2007 at 8:41 AM  
Blogger Len said...

Ugh. Terrible.

But continue to act completely uninterested. It will kill him and hopefully he'll soon be crawling at your feet!

July 13, 2007 at 8:47 AM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Scotty: You can't start leaving points on the blog?! I'm going to be really hunting for all these points when I go to add them up! ;)
Hmm.. maybe I should start an excel spreadsheet now....

Lenfer: I hope the crawling part doesn't come too soon... if he did it now, I'd probably kick him.

July 13, 2007 at 9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.